Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can A D4D Be Decated

st205hunter

As in the title Can a d4d be decated without effecting the ecu readings or putting up fault codes ect iv read you can get a little better mpg by removing them or is that a load of bull

Surely if you want to make it breath a bit more easily its just like it used to be for really noisy bike exhausts? Ride round noisy for 364 days of the year then unbolt it and slip the quiet exhaust back on for test day. If you cut the cat out and insert a straight through pipe you coud just clamp the cat back on for test day.

i dont see why you couldnt but like you said it might throw up fault codes, probably best off going for a sports cat, or if you're determined then get someone who does custom exhausts to knock one up. If the same person/company also does mot's they would probably be sympathetic to the cause and overlook what you've had done. Only problem with that is you would have to keep going back to them for your mot's. If you do get it done let us know who and where!!

What the Corolla T Sport owners usually do is space the the post cat sensor out of the exhaust stream so that it doesn't see a high reading.

Running decat is an MOT fail as mentioned but most tend to just stick the cat back in before their test

Sports cat's are a good compromise, some people do still experience CEL's though

Performance wise decatting is well worth doing on any car

Thanks fokes i know its a mot(nct here) fail but i have a 4 post lift so it easy change might get a stock bolt on cat section and weld in a straight pipe my self and keep the censors