Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Litres Of Oil

mark11original

Hi. Just serviced my 2002 D4D Avensis and as per usual it is next to near impossible to read to oil level from the dip stick as it appears at different levels on each side of the dip stick. How many liters does one of these engines take?

The dipstick reading sometimes has to be left for a while with the stick left in as you dont get a clean reading untill any oil caught in the dipstick tube drains down.

I get the same with my auris,which is annoying.

i usualy put a tiny paint dot on the dipstick handle so it always read from the same side.

Ya maybe ill leave it settle over night and check it again. It can read above the dot on side and below the dot on the other side. It is very difficult to check and I have the same problem every time I change the oil. If I just knew how many liters exactly it would be a lot easier.

You could try the old engineers trick of dusting the slightest bit of talcum powder on the dipstick. The old mechanics usd french chalk.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links