Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Oil Change Lost Performance...

Snyder

I changed the oil today as it hadn't been done in the last year by the previous owner and I've been putting it off for a couple of months myself since Ive had it.. However although my temperature gauge is up to heat where the lifters would normally kick in now I have issues such as a flat spot @6000ish revs then the boost but not feeling quite right ie more noise than power, and also no boost at @6000ish revs leading to the engine dinging @7000 instead of goin to 8000. I've had a high pitched noise than come with the lift but it's been the same since I had it and it hasn't got worse.. I was hoping an oil change would potentially take the noise away but all the oil change has done is take my power away... Any help would b massively appreciated, cheers

It's harder to explain than I thought.. Just been for a blitz and all seems, well bar the high pitched whistle! Wondering if maybe new oil has made my engine warm up slower so where it's normally hot enough to hit my lifter it's now not but showing normal temp via the dashboard.. Sound likely?

If its not had a oil change in a while then im thinking you may of had a temporary blockage in the ocv (oil control valve). The ocv has a filter which can become blocked when lift isnt used enough or if the engine is overdue a oil change.

Overdue is a kind word, about 1 1/2 litres of black crap came out, oil only cost £30 so will make sure I get it done more often, would ne kind of flush stuff help when I change it again? Cars only got 43k on it so wouldn't of thought flush would b needed but I've never seen oil so dirty before

Don't use the flush.

Run the oil for a few thousand then change again.

Have you used the correct spec of oil in it? I would be tempted to flush with Forte stuff and fill with a good synth oil!.... But I know that some folks dont like to use a flush...

Yeah I used mobile 1 stuff opposed to Halfords own and it's the correct 1 that I got, although a load of people were saying somewhere on the net to use 0w40 I went with what toyota put in. I know u shouldn't use flush on low mileage which is why I didn't bother with it, I had a similar issue when my head gasket went on my old mg, had it fixed but the tappets were coated in crap but they did the flush and it was fine. a friend of mine reccomended some zx1 I think it's called which is an oil additive to eliminate friction apparently. It seems fine today but it's taking ages to get up to tempeture which I thinks the issue. The gauge is at normal level but it's actually cold still so my lifter isn't working.. That what it feels like anyway, before I changed the sludge it heated up quite quickly whereas it now has new juice I think it's taking longer, will defo change it again quite soonish though as I imagine the clean oil is probably already black where the inside was so coated :/ cheers guys