Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locked Out

sede16

i have a toyota iq 59 plate and the Battery is dead. The key wont open the door, are there any charge points? is there a way to get into the car to open the bonnet or jump/ trickle charge from outside?

any help would be great.

Mike

i have a toyota iq 59 plate and the battery is dead. The key wont open the door, are there any charge points? is there a way to get into the car to open the bonnet or jump/ trickle charge from outside?

any help would be great.

Mike

Yes there is a key within the smart entry remote control. Just press a button to release it on the fob.

cheers, got it open, the lock was very stiff thought the key would snap but a bit of a wiggle and she is open. cheers marc appreciate the help.

Was going to suggest as the key entry is mechanical. Could be a frozen lock. And to train a heat gun or hairdryer on for a short while. Still all came good

David

cheers, got it open, the lock was very stiff thought the key would snap but a bit of a wiggle and she is open. cheers marc appreciate the help.

No problem Michael, glad I could help. I only found it myself by looking over the fob a few months ago. I tried it with the alarm on though and of course it went off. Very embarrassing.

• 9 months later...

Interesting postscript to this: the Battery got low on my remote and the response of the IQ is to refuse to unlock when you press the button. I opened it with the key and the alarm went off, but it was still possible to cancel the alarm with the remote. I think this is a useful feature: I'm not sure what I would have done if I couldn't cancel the alarm.

However the sting in the tail was the cost of a new Battery -£16. To his credit, the main dealer parts man was embarrassed to charge this.

Standard Battery surely. Somthing like CR2032. Just bought 6 of those from Amazon for 98p (free delivery)Thats 98 p for 6 not each

Why go to a main dealer for a Fob Battery, think Halfords are about £4.99 for a Duracell. I would only buy a branded Battery for the Fob as you want them to last a while.

But it's not the end of the world if the Fob Battery goes dead, you can still get in the car and start the engine without a battery in there at all, so no need to panic and carry a spare with you especially if you have the two Fobs

cr 1632 I think ....... about 30 p each unbranded. But £1.50 for Ever Ready from Amazon .

Apparently it's a CR2016 for an IQ1, according to the embarrassed parts man. I went to the dealer because I (wrongly) suspected an electronic problem, given that it was not opening the door but would cancel the alarm.

Ah, fair enough then, main thing is you got it sorted :)

After a previous thread I was going to get spare battery; if nothing else your dilemma has reminded me! Thanks

Cough Cough

But it's not the end of the world if the Fob battery goes dead, you can still get in the car and start the engine without a battery in there at all, so no need to panic and carry a spare with you especially if you have the two Fobs

• 5 years later...

1 hour ago, WeeIrene said:

I have replaced fob battery and tried using manual key but still door remains firmly closed

Not a lot of info to go on there.  Is there a light on the fob and does it light up, does the key turn in the lock, is the lock functioning, is the door lock jammed, is the door itself jammed closed?

If the key is not turning, then going off your location I would suggest that maybe the lock is frozen?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links