Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Binding Calipers?

DeusMR2

I've recently noticed that my mr2 doesnt roll by itself when on a slight incline, for instance theres a slip road near me where my dads car , carina E would roll by itself from stop, however my car doesnt! Does anyone else find that their mr2 is relucantant to roll? I'm thinking it could be my front right wheel caliper binding but im unsure..gonna check the temp of the alloys after a run in a minute.

also last night i was on a dual carriage way pullign into the left lane and all of a sudden it felt liek the car wanted to swerve to the right..the p/s became VERY heavy and when i breaked it wanted to swerve more and the p/s became even heavier.. eventually it stopped though and the car returned to normal (i was only doing 60mph)..

the tyre pressures are fine because i reset them the day before and now the car handles fine, it also had a 4 wheel alignment about 2 years ago so im pretty sure its the calipers, anyone else got any ideas?

YES MATE, I'M A TECHNITION FOR TOYOTA, JUST JOINED THE WEBSITE. WE ALWAYS HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE CALIPERS SEIZING UP ON MR2S AND COROLLAS, THE REAR ONES ESPECIALLY(FRONT ONES NOT SO OFTEN!) THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO REMOVE THE REAR CALIPER AND CLAMP INTO A VICE, WORK LOTS OF DUCK OIL OR WD40 INTO THE SLIDERS AS THIS IS WHAT SEIZES UP NOT LETTING THE CALIPER MOVE WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS RELEASED. ALSO CHECK THE HANDBRAKE MECHANISM AS THIS IS PRONE TO SEIZING ALSO. HOPE IT GOES WELL! :)

I find the MR2 doesnt roll that well compared to other cars even if everything is ok. Maybe its something to to with the thick tyres and the way the wheel alignment is set up.

thanx guys for your help!! much appreciated, im gonna go get them checked at a garage if i cant sort it our myself :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links