Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Anyone Fitted A Rear Spoiler?

Scorpion-gb

Just wondered if anyone had fitted a rear spoiler to a 4.2 (2003 - 2005 model)? I saw this on eBay but to be honest £65 for a genuine part sounds too cheap.

Look at the seller. I'd say it was legit. If he one on my car is anything to go by they just stick on.

Just wondered if anyone had fitted a rear spoiler to a 4.2 (2003 - 2005 model)? I saw this on Ebay but to be honest £65 for a genuine part sounds too cheap.

Looks like the real deal to me - and around the going rate, IIRC. The Smoked plastic spoliers were only original fitment to the 3 doors I think, but they go on the 5-door model just the same and identical fitting.

They fit via some double sided tape in some areas and a couple of L-shaped clips on the side.

Here is the one I fitted to my RAV4.2 2005 model .....

Rear-Qtr1.jpg

As Hoovie has shown.. they are actually fitted as standard on the VX model and optional on the rest, just really for looks and when wet and icy water drips down back window... Aids clearing it :D

Here's mine DSCF1316.jpg

You will need to inform your insurence company as its a mod.

If you dont inform them you could have a claim rejected.

Saying its a optionel item from Toyota and only cosmetic reasons may help.

As Hoovie has shown.. they are actually fitted as standard on the VX model and optional on the rest, just really for looks and when wet and icy water drips down back window... Aids clearing it :D

Here's mine DSCF1316.jpg

Although they can be useful for keeping the rear window clear on the road, when parked up in conditions such as we have this week, they can be a bl00dy nuisance, i.e. I opened the back door of my 3-dr after the snowfall on Saturday and about 2 inches of snow that had settled on the roof & the spoiler, promptly dumped itself into the boot! Doesn't happen on the 5-dr as it doesn't have the spoiler. It would appear that as the spoiler slopes down a bit from the rear towards the roof of the car, anything that has accumulated on it (like snow or rainwater) ends up inside the car. It's always a good idea to brush any snow away before opening.

End of the saddo's rant.........

Oooooooh, nice. Do they come in a gloss black (ideal for my black Rav4) or do they need to be painted?

Cheers. Jim.

Oooooooh, nice. Do they come in a gloss black (ideal for my black Rav4) or do they need to be painted?

Cheers. Jim.

The genuine Toyota ones are Smoked Acrylic and "one colour fits all"

You can get GRP spoliers from other makers that need painting but they don't look as good anyway.

Hi Jim,

yes, the rear spoiler advertised on that e-bay site is legit and genuine. The seller is part of Sheffield Pentagon Toyota main dealer.

I have a black 4.2 XT3. I was trying to source a rear spoiler for our RAV last year. I also checked out this site and traced it to Pentagon Toyota, as above. My local Toyota dealership is Ron Brooks, Ilkeston. I printed off the picture with the part no. I popped into Ron Brooks, the chap in parts was very helpfull. I managed to order one from there, the TOTAL cost was only £57.79p They are all dark smoke transparent but do look quite black.

I fitted it myself. The clips go onto the rear door first, the little nuts un bolts are very fiddly when it comes to securing the spoiler. I taped the spoiler on at first to align the clips up. It will need two peaple, one each side when you fit the spoiler on, as you only get one chance at it, that's the 'under pressure' bit.

If you need any more info or fitting advise, glad to help. just ask.

Cheers, Ady.

rearspoiler01jpeg.jpgrearspoiler02jpeg.jpgrearspoiler03jpeg.jpgrearspoiler05jpeg.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys. Ady, very useful info there, mate. The spoiler looks the dogs' doo dahs' when fitted! :thumbsup: