Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Falken Ze912 Tyres...

morgie

Bad news - Woke up this morning to find my front passenger side tyre was fairly pancake-like in appearance....could see a pin stuck in the top of it.

Good news - the front tyres were due to be changed anyway, I was planning on it next month. I'm fairly certain the tyres on the car (Michelin's) were the originals and now needed changing after 19,000 miles.

Calling around my local garages the only one with anything in size (195/55v16) in stock had Falken's - ZE912's, 87v. They were a lot cheaper than waiting for the Toyo's (which I previously had on my PFL), and as I was needing to get something on the car pretty promptly, I went for it - £144 all in.

I've seen a few mentions of forum members running these tyres, but anyone had them on for a while - interested in how they handle and wear? Be good to hear from anyone who has had Toyo's and these to compare.

Cheers!

Had these on my previous car. Very good tyre in the dry and really good in the wet. Last a good time too

Dont know why people get so hung up about toyos. Im my experience (ive tried every one they make) and yes there good in the dry BUT there too soft and after a extended hoon/track day they overheat and "melt". In the wet they are completely USELESS for fast take offs/driving as they just pain dont grip. Plus they on last about 4-7k miles. Complete waste of money for a "performance tyre" IMHO.

I personally choose Continental contact sport tyres. Much better tyre in the dry/wet, there are not a one way tyre (so u can swop them left to right to get even tyre wear) and last easily 8-14k and dont melt under serious driving. There only a bit more than toyos so a MUCH better buy

i had a look at this , local tyre fitter quoted 56 a corner new.

Thought i could get a better deal , ended up with some nearly new micheline pilot premacys .storming in the cold-dry and pretty decent in the wet .better than expected in the snow aslong as it stays flat ,as i found out on saturday

No experience of those but the Falken FK452's on mine are ok... not brilliant in the wet tho.

Have to disagree with Steven on the Toyo's tho, absolutely loved them, gripped in all weather conditions and never let me down on a 'fast take off' at Santa Pod.

Only got the Falken's as when i needed new tyres the Toyo's were out of my budget.

Have to disagree with Steven on the Toyo's tho, absolutely loved them, gripped in all weather conditions and never let me down on a 'fast take off' at Santa Pod.

Ye alot of people seem to get on with them, i think there "hit and miss" wether they work on certain cars (weight/suspension geo) and/or work well with different driving styles. Maybe the cars i put them on (fast rover/mgs) just didnt like them and i have a very aggressive driving style at best which probably didnt help either. Ive never tried them on a corolla (never will as wont be buying toyo again) so DO NOT take it my post as gospal as they may work for both the corolla and your driving style, but my personal experience will make me always put something else on the car :thumbsup:

Toyos been fantastic on mine Steven.

Ill have to consider them again when mine needs some new rubber again. More than likely they didnt work with my previous cars if they great on yours as youve quite clearly put them through there paces ;)

I rate the toyo's same as Steve, burnt through the the inner and outer edges of both front tyres very quickly on a pre facelift - but all said excellent dry tyre. Swapped them out for Avon ZV5's which were more hard wearing and still provided excellent grip in the dry and wet.

Currently trying to wear down some Nanking toursports that came on my facelift, aweful grip in wet on these, to the point where i go sideways around roundabouts if there is even a slightly moist surface.

Heard the falkens are cheap and cheerful, not gonna last as long as your Michelen's but thats why you pay the extra and then some. Just wonder if the falkens have the reinforced side wall, nice to have!

Thanks all - didn't mean to kick off too much of a Toyo debate. I liked them on my PFL, they wore fairly quickly (looked like ~10k miles on the front), but that's the trade of of the soft compound/grip. I've only done a few miles on the Falken ZE-912's so far, but happy with how they feel. To be honest any new tyres on the front were going to give me a significant improvement. I am hoping for some dry weather and more interesting roads to try them on before I pass any further judgement...this could be sometime!

Just wonder if the falkens have the reinforced side wall, nice to have!

These don't, saying this based on the information given on etyres.co.uk

ive had a couple of sets of falken ze912's and found that they last very well and give a good amount of grip in wet and dry ,also very resonably priced . still running them now.

Good to hear. When you say lasted well, do you know how many miles?

they lasted about 12,000 miles but i hadnt rotated them at all .

My car is fitted out with Champiro HPZ 45's... (205/45/16).

There not bad in the wet and dry, not tried them in the snow yet, although looking out my window now I may have to tomorrow.

(update)

The snow only lasted 5 mins, then it rained lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links