Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Water Problem ?

tabz

im not getting any water through to my windscreen jets .. is there anything to check before i decide the pump has gone kaput .. and yes, ive checked that its topped up, if it is the pump, is it an easy fix ? .. thanks in advance

Hello Shaun,

Replacing the pump isn't a major job but it can be a bit fiddly to change as its behind the drivers wing so the wheel arch protective plastic needs partially removing to get at it. If you do change it its a good idea to put a zip tye over the tubes once you've pushed them on. This stops them popping off if any pressure builds up in the future because then its an obvious pain to put them back on again.

They are a bit pricey though and when I changed mine it was only available from Toyota, about £60 I think at the time.

One thing I will say though is make sure first its not just froze. Its been a bit chilly just lately.

Mark

Hello Shaun,

Replacing the pump isn't a major job but it can be a bit fiddly to change as its behind the drivers wing so the wheel arch protective plastic needs partially removing to get at it. If you do change it its a good idea to put a zip tye over the tubes once you've pushed them on. This stops them popping off if any pressure builds up in the future because then its an obvious pain to put them back on again.

They are a bit pricey though and when I changed mine it was only available from Toyota, about £60 I think at the time.

One thing I will say though is make sure first its not just froze. Its been a bit chilly just lately.

Mark

cheers mark, your a star, im looking on eBay and some are on there starting at £6 .. i guess its best to not go to cheap then ;) .. good tip about the zip ties and the cold, in all fairness im not getting any noise when i press the button, so it must be deader than a dead thing .. thanks again

No problem,

If your getting nothing at all though it could just mean the water inside the pump has frozen as well. Its happened to mine a couple of times and as soon as its thawed it works fine.

No problem,

If your getting nothing at all though it could just mean the water inside the pump has frozen as well. Its happened to mine a couple of times and as soon as its thawed it works fine.

No problem,

No problem,

cheers mate, i'll leave it then till we get a bit of a thaw kicking in and see what happens

If you can buy the Pink Screen wash from Tesco it works down to -9 I use it neat ;)

That's assuming your pump has not failed.

thanks for the tip .. but alas, only the rear is working and not the front