Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights Dim Whilst Driving..

Snyder

Every now and then my lights will dim for around a second on my 03 Tsport whilst driving.. Normally around 3000rpm, any one had a similar issue? Cheers

same problem here, not got a clue what it is, never realy bothered me

Na doesn't bother me that much but just thought I'd ask in case it's an easy fix, I just wonder what people coming towards me think if it looks like I'm flashing them lol

Someone may correct me, but i think it a vacuum pump issue & the only fix is an upgrade of the ECU. I have a 2003 model & believe later models 04 onward had this problem sorted .

Weak alternator? But then again id think on tic over they be even dimmer... it could be tho

Tick over their fine, it's normally in and around 3000 which is odd, Its like it's boggin out but with revs..

same with mine, it was a friend that pointed it out, funnily enough tho, ever since the bulb blew on my drivers side its stopped doing it i think, sucks if its actually an ECU issue, just another "quirk" for the car on a list that seems to be growing in size, but not really in severity daily. It does seem that the "no problems with my toyota" should be changed to "problems, but never major enough to warrant spending"

Well I'm gettin some new xenon bulbs soon so will c if it helps. Yeah tell me about it, lots of little things! Like window rubber sills and super sensitive abs to name a few..

this happened to my Dads T sport (51 reg) turned out he needed a new ECU, the lights seemed to dim whilst driving like you've described, but I seem to remember him saying they did it badly.

Ryan

Hooch is right, was an issue with the air / vacuum pump kicking in - ECU fix sorted it.

My 52 plate did it, my 05 doesnt. Didnt really bother me too much, only happens for a split second.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a really old thread, my tsport has been doing this since I've owned it.

Is the ECU fix a software update from Toyota or a new ECU?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links