Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much Oil Needed For Oil Change?

AygoIronman

Hello!

Im planning to change the oil by myself on my car. Any ideas how much oil I need to refill my engine please?

As far as I can remember, it is around 3.5 litres. It does tell you in the back of the handbook, with and without the filter.

As far as I can remember, it is around 3.5 litres. It does tell you in the back of the handbook, with and without the filter.

It's really quite easy to look for yourself! This from Castrol, input your registration or enter Toyota then click Aygo from the list. They state 3.1 litre for the 1.0 litre petrol engine. http://www.castrol.c...ntentId=7044829

So if this is not fully correct then buy 4 litre to make sure.

Thanks, guys. (Simon and Peter) for your input, and very helpful with the link. Im going to attempt to chnage my oil. Need to buy some decent oil. Site suggests 5W-30.

Ive recently done an oil change and used Comma fully synthetic 5W-30 which was pretty cheap at around £30 for 5 litres from my local Motor Factors.

• 7 years later...

I'm currently needing to top mine up, currently on the min line (Don't judge, don't get paid until 28th) Tesco currently have Mobil 1 5/30 2 litre for £9

Adam, Euro Car Parts online code SALE55, Triple QX Fully Synthetic, 1 litre £5.05. Home Bargains do Motor Oil too. Hope this helps.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:15 PM, AdamJewBoulton said:

I'm currently needing to top mine up, currently on the min line (Don't judge, don't get paid until 28th) Tesco currently have Mobil 1 5/30 2 litre for £9

A 2009 1.0 Petrol uses 0w20

Oil change is 3.1 litre. The 3.5 litre applies to the first time fill, I think. Always check the dip stick after filling and it is better to fill low and then do the top up rather than filling above the max line and having to aspirate out the oil afterwards.

https://oil-change.info/toyota-aygo-engine-oil-capacity/

I would fill with 3 litre, than top up later. It is a major hasstle if you over fill.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links