Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help...whats Your Mpg?

vonnie

Hi all

Im a newbie to this forum so HELLO!!!

I have a 2007 Yaris 1.3 vvti t-spirit model and I am currently getting around 35/36 mpg knocking around town. This is driving smoothly, going through the gears as quick as possible and keeping the revs low. Its last full engine service was in September.

Does this mpg sound about right??? Im a little dissapointed as was expecting a little more thn this... Whats everyone else getting??

Thanks for your help guys...

:D

My 1.0 does 48mpg on mainly short runs. That is despite it showing between 50 and 57 on the computer. I think 35 to 36 is heavy on fuel, is your air filter clean?

The official figures can be found:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201202441285629/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/yaris/make/toyota/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/st87dr/keywords/1.3_2007_t_spirit?logcode=p

Performance and economy.

39.2mpg urban.. That will be with a warm car. Yours is short journeys and it's winter.. so it's cold...

Seems about right to me..

Sounds about right for a 1.3 in winter. The 1.3 is better on A-roads where the extra power can be put to good use and the engine can warm up faster :D

It'll get better as the weather warms back up tho' :)

Yep - 38 is about right.

We've averaged 38.4 in our 1.3 over 3 years and 15000 miles. 90% town driving with the occasional run.

Best "tankful" average was 44mpg, worst "tankful" average was 34mpg.

Our original 1.0 averaged 44.1 over 8 years and 64000 miles doing the same mainly-town driving.

Our daughter was getting about 5mpg more out of her 1.3 (about 43 overall) but she was doing a lot more main road and motorway driving....

My 2011 MMT 1.33 Tsprit seems to averaging mid-40´s around town & 51 to 53 on a run. This is working out MPG the old way. Regards.

The last 3 mpg figures for my D4D (calculated at fillup since we Mk1 D4D Yarisers don't get the fancy mpg computer :crybaby:) were 60.14, 60.82 and 57.47 which roughly coincide with November, December and January. Not bad for a 1.4L cancer generator! :D

I'm lucky that my commute is long enough for me to get the engine temps high enough for at least the latter half of the journey tho'; If it was a short local commute like my dad's then I'd be scraping the high 40's I suspect, which for the D4D is seriously bad mileage! :eek:

But maaan us derv's are getting screwed at the pump; Where I am diesel looks like it'll hit 10p/L more than petrol soon, and that's not even for V-Power diesel!! :crybaby:

It costs me nearly £60 to fill mine up... £60 to fill up a Yaris! That's just not right...! :eek: (Admittedly that lasts me almost a month but still...!)

Iv got a 2009 yaris SR 1.8 petrol and iv been gettin 36-38mpg in this cold weather but i only drive 10 mins to work so its probly not the best for winter, not had it long but before the cold it got 45ish mpg. THought it wasnt great but looking at the figures for the smaller engines im now surprised.

The last 3 mpg figures for my D4D (...

I'm lucky that my commute is long enough for me to get the engine temps high enough for at least the latter half of the journey tho'; If it was a short local commute like my dad's then I'd be scraping the high 40's I suspect, which for the D4D is seriously bad mileage! :eek:

.. :crybaby:

I get 57mpg from my Mark1 d4d just running around town... having blanked off the lower ait intake.

The last 3 mpg figures for my D4D (...

.. :crybaby:

I get 57mpg from my Mark1 d4d just running around town... having blanked off the lower air intake.

I get over 57 regularly on the computer display for many runs in the 1.3 - used to get mid 60s on the trip display in the 1.0 around town, but when you calculate it out over a whole tankful (and then maintain it over several tankfulls, because unless you fill it right up to the brim visibly, even calculating over a tankful isn't totally reliable) it comes out at the real figures I mentioned...

My Audi A3 TDI says I regularly get over 60mpg on trips on its computer and I can average over 50mpg over a 420mile return trip to Bristol (according to the computer) but again, when measured over several tankfulls it really comes out at just 44mpg overall since I bought it 52000 miles ago.....

my 1.0 - 210 to 230 miles per gbp30(+22 liters) of fuel.

air filter - K & N.

spark plug - Iridium tip

oil & filter change every 5k miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links