Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urban Cruiser Armrest

dave.m

As you know the UC is not exactly well endowed with storage space. Anyone ever bought one of these centre console

armrest's or any other type for that matter. I believe there is a Toyota one but its not suitable for the AWD model.

http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/09384-AB-Armster-arm-rest-for-Toyota-Urban-Cruiser

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toyota-Cruiser-Console-Armrest-Boomerang/dp/B003CXEJWC

My last car had one similar to the more expensive version on your links. Handy for lots of things and good on long motorway journeys. Using the cup holder as a mount is a neat idea. Hopefully someone will have more information on them.

Dave, the Armster and the Boomerang arm rests both fit into the "drink" housing between the front seats. The problem with the Toyota one is there are two different fittings (2wd and 4wd), the only people who sell the Toyota one are Pentagon Toyota (big E/Bay seller) and you have to get the correct fitting.Plus the Toyota ones are well over £100 compared to the cheaper Armster/ Boomerang ones.

It,s a case really of you pays your money and see what comes, I personally would bite the bullet and go for the Armster.

HTH, if you do get one please will you post some photos of it!!!!!

Regards Clare

Have just ordered the Armster one off E/Bay. Reason I ordered Armster was because it has a metal collar to secure it , which the Bommerang one doesn,t have. The Bommerang one just fits into the cup holder, the Armster fits the same but has a metal piece that secures it to the cup holder.

Will post pics when fitted!!!!!!

Regards Clare

Good stuff Clare, that's the one I fancy myself.Will be watching with interest to see how it turns out :thumbsup:

Believe it or not bought off E/Bay on Sunday delivered today (how,s that for service). Had a look at it, seems pretty simple to install. Will post fitting when I do it (prob Thursday) as I,m pretty busy till then.

Regards Clare

Have fitted the Armster today, it comes in 2 pieces, the base unit and the Armrest. First you have 4 longish self tappers to join the Armrest to the metal base. Once you have done that you then attatch the Armrest to the round end of the drinks holder at the rear of the front seats. You are best holding it in situ and marking the screw holes for attatching to outside of cup-holder.. Slightly shorter self-tappers this time , using a 3mm drill and drilling holes for self tappers. Holding Armrest in situ you proceed to screw in self-tappers. Job done.

Now forgetting use to it, you have a bit of a problem with the hand-brake, the arm-rest projects out so it does make hard to release the hand-break, but normal gear change is OK. What i do is put the Armrest in the upright postion when parked up and when setting off just pull it down.

What do I think of it as an aftermart product- not bad, but I can see why Toyota didn,t put one there in the first place.

But it does keep my CD,s all neat and tidy

HTH Regards Clare

Excellent stuff Clare, now we just need to see those photos :thumbsup:

Dave am on half-term hols so will try and post some this week. We are a week later than UK

Regards Clare

• 11 months later...

i got the boomerang armrest a few days ago from Amazon,normal price was £50 and they had 2@ £29, a bargain.Easy to fix no drilling and a good interior colour match.

• 8 years later...

Hi Rudi here from South Africa. My sister is waiting on her new Toyota urban cruiser.  Her model is the xs model in auto. Car comes with no arm rest.  Toyota wants R5000 for a armrest and ofcos they wod fit it b4 she takes delivery of vehicle.  So im keen on trying to find a gd decent 1 especially 1 that fits well and secure.  Il take a pic of the current console when it arrived.   I cant believe a 2021 model classef as SUV in automatic has no armrest. Guys my email is rudigar.schoonraad@gmail.com    i wod appreciate any info.   By the way, its my sisters 1st car and she does not know what a huge difference a armrest makes bcos she never had auto and never drove a vehicle with 1.

Toyota Owners Club is based in the UK, and the only Urban Cruiser that Europe had was sold between 2009 and 2012, and we don't have the current model.

The 2021 Urban Cruiser sold in South Africa is based on the Suzuki Vitara.