Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Buying, Please.

Caramel_x

Hello :)

I'm looking to buy a Toyota Corolla for my first car. I need a 5 door, manual. With a budget of £2,500.

What do I need to look out for and which one is the best to get?

Any help would be sooooo appreciated.

Moved to Corolla Forum

I'd go for a T2 1.4 . They're cheap to insure very reliable and have decent equipment.With your budget you'll be looking for something around 2002/52 plate . Make sure the heater works properly and blows hot air out of all 4 vents especially the one by the drivers window,its common for the heater matrix to block on a car this age and can be expensive to fix.

I'd go for a T2 1.4 . They're cheap to insure very reliable and have decent equipment.With your budget you'll be looking for something around 2002/52 plate . Make sure the heater works properly and blows hot air out of all 4 vents especially the one by the drivers window,its common for the heater matrix to block on a car this age and can be expensive to fix.

+1

How do 02 Honda Civic prices for a 1.4 for both purchase price and insurance

compare to a 02 Corolla.

Civics are good cars imo - with no reports that id heard off of the VVTI style oil burning issues.

Basically some of the VVTI engines suffered from oil consumption issues (using too much oil). Many of them will be fine (replacement engines etc fitted during the cars life time).

Red diesel

You should be able to pick up a 1.4 T3 for that price if you look around, better spec. than the T2 and should be easier to sell on after you've owned it.

You should be able to pick up a 1.4 T3 for that price if you look around, better spec. than the T2 and should be easier to sell on after you've owned it.

+1

A T3 does have better spec yes but a 5 door would also be 1 insurance group higher.Depends what you wanna spend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links