Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Long And Thanks Fpr The Fish

Hoovie

As Douglas Adams said.

Or the help, as I would say.

In a similar way that Charlie has had enough of his RAV with all the bits and pieces that have added up to just make it too annoying to keep, I cannot handle this forum with a constant irritant like Jedi hounding every post I make, so congrats, troll, I am outta here for the foreseeable future as far as making any contributions go.

I'll check any PMs and if those members I respect - the vast majority I strongly emphasise - don't mind, may contact via PM for specific advice and questions.

Been a good 5 years. Maybe one day, will be good again.

Cheerio My friends.

Hoovie

I amazed you let him irritate you. Now he has won with you he will find somebody else that will interact with him.

Jedi

I asked you to be civil. You are capable of constructive posts and sometimes a good sense of humour. You are also capable of pecking at people with garbage and the more you can see it irritates the more you do it. This behaviour is too close to bullying and I will not accept that. You have had a private warning now consider this a public and final warning. If I see anything similar I will ban you from this forum.

Hoovie

I amazed you let him irritate you. Now he has won with you he will find somebody else that will interact with him.

Jedi

I asked you to be civil. You are capable of constructive posts and sometimes a good sense of humour. You are also capable of pecking at people with garbage and the more you can see it irritates the more you do it. This behaviour is too close to bullying and I will not accept that. You have had a private warning now consider this a public and final warning. If I see anything similar I will ban you from this forum.

Well said :thumbsup:

+1

Please do not quit the forums Hoovie. I would imagine our friend Jedi is on borrowed time any way.

Dave your input to this forum is invaluble and I for one do not want you to go, but if he,s really got to you just go off line for a while.

Sad Clare

I tried to help hoovie with a problem with this forum, and he went off his head, imply the forum techs should be sacked? Constant screaming because he could not use the forum when others had no problems.

Hooveie sent me a nasty horrible pm, did i have a moan no.

He kept on having digs on the forum, I just replyed back, nothing nasty, I don't know what his problem is, you even said so yourself.?

now I'm questioning what you said regards to shcms rav and it Seems you've got the hump now.

I'm Sorry I've disrupted your click, but bullying? I ant the one sending nasty pms. Ive not got a problem with hoovie, but will not tollerate his nastyness.

Please come back hoovie all is forgiven :D

I will make an effort to distance myself from you if it helps, but the constant digs and nastyness has to stop, because when I throw one back you don't like it.

No hard feeling dude its only the internet after all X

O and also sorry to all other forum members who I have anoyed, its just my sense of humor....If I say something that anoys you please pm me and I will stop. I am a reasonable green follow.

Once again Sorry Hoovie and all other members.

There I've ate hummble pie...:D

It is the internet and everyone is vulnerable. However, it is the little pops that turn into big fights and that is why we have to beware that a bit of taunting can't be seen as insults. The outright insults are not allowed as part of the forum rules.

It is also a two way street and I have seen provocation from Hoovie that is out of character and has surprised me. The same rules apply to Hoovie as they do to you - there is no click but you have got a reputation for pushing the boundary.

Hoovie.

If you do look in you can I would hope you can rise above this lot and stay on the forum proper.

I tried to help hoovie with a problem with this forum, and he went off his head, imply the forum techs should be sacked? Constant screaming because he could not use the forum when others had no problems.

Hooveie sent me a nasty horrible pm, did i have a moan no.

He kept on having digs on the forum, I just replyed back, nothing nasty, I don't know what his problem is, you even said so yourself.?

now I'm questioning what you said regards to shcms rav and it Seems you've got the hump now.

I'm Sorry I've disrupted your click, but bullying? I ant the one sending nasty pms. Ive not got a problem with hoovie, but will not tollerate his nastyness.

Please come back hoovie all is forgiven :D

I will make an effort to distance myself from you if it helps, but the constant digs and nastyness has to stop, because when I throw one back you don't like it.

No hard feeling dude its only the internet after all X

There are so many contradictables in that reply, I would not even condescend to contradict....bar one.....a "PM" is exactly what it implies, and I find it published for all to see....? WTF....? (Deleted by Moderator prior to most members ever seeing it....)

You are obviously knowledgable either by profession or repute, so why not stick to that ? Even dobbers like me have learned from some of your posts, but believe me that also applies to Hoovie's offerings. Should he persist with his decision, it is a loss to the Forum.

Big Kev

Like I said I've never had a problem with Hoovie? Just could not understand the nastyness?

I will rein it in for the benifit of all.....

Why don't you both just draw a line under it and move on. Life's too short.

Hoovie, I prefer to see you posting "in the open", but it's up to you of course. If needed, PMs to me anytime. :thumbsup:

This forum, or a least this section of the forum has always (at least for the past 5 years I've been here) been very friendly with very little bickering. That I think is reasonably rare for a forum. That's part of what makes it attractive. I for one want to see it stay that way and not degenerate and I hope (and believe) the rest of you share that view. :thumbsup:

Jedi - I will exercise my right to comment about my RAV later and elsewhere, when I have more time.

It’s a sad situation when a constructive and positive paid up member chucks in the towel over someone who just wants to stir and post tedious negativity about a vehicle they have nothing to do with.

Why don't you both just draw a line under it and move on. Life's too short.

Hoovie, I prefer to see you posting "in the open", but it's up to you of course. If needed, PMs to me anytime. :thumbsup:

This forum, or a least this section of the forum has always (at least for the past 5 years I've been here) been very friendly with very little bickering. That I think is reasonably rare for a forum. That's part of what makes it attractive. I for one want to see it stay that way and not degenerate and I hope (and believe) the rest of you share that view. :thumbsup:

Jedi - I will exercise my right to comment about my RAV later and elsewhere, when I have more time.

Well said, Fella, and I'm sure most would agree wholeheartedly.

Hoovie, life's full of little irritants (and wannabe trolls) and the only way to deal with them is to ignore & carry on. Anyway, don't the rest of us sweet hearts make up for the troll??

Hoovie

Jedi

Well said :thumbsup:

Better late than never mate.

Pete.

Sorry to hear this Hoovie, I hope you mull this over and return soon. I can understand how you came to this decision as I have experienced a similar experience in, of all things a fishing forum.

Life is difficult enough with all it's pressures and stresses without going onto a forum and having moronic trolls giving you grief when you should be able to relax and enjoy the company of like minded individuals.

I hope you reconsider fella and I hope that the mods keep taking a tough line when they come across cowardly harassment and bullying.

All the best matey.

I've been on this forum for quite a few years. I may not know everyone personally but I do read most posts and you get to see all Tbe regular contributors who respond to posts. Hoovie is one of them whose name you see quite a lot. Saying that so is Jedi too. IMO think it will be a great shame to see someone whose helped a lot of members. I think this forum is great and it will be a shame to see people leave.

Jedi has agreed to play the game folks. Try not to get too presonal now - its done with.

Hello All.

I really appreciate the comments and support both on the forum and via PMs and will say the following:

Don, you are quite correct in that I should not let this kind of thing get to me, but I guess I maybe have a tendency to overreact if I feel I have been 'wronged' - and that over-reaction is not something I like in myself and how it might make me appear to others also (and is not who I am, I hope!). So I thought it best to remove myself from the cause to relieve the symptoms.

Obviously there is something about me that Jedi has an issue with (exactly what I don't know?), and eventually I sent a PM to tell him in no uncertain terms - and I do freely concede in hindsight did so in an overly aggressive manner - that I will be setting up my profile to block any of his posts so will not be reading any more of his contributions and suggested he reciprocate.

He reciprocated by extending his 'campaign' and became publicly abusive and at that time I felt enough was enough.

I will attempt to have another go at enjoying the TOC forum and hope that any personal issues can stay managed in an appropriate way by all concerned and deliberate provocation to anyone from anyone is in the past :yes:

It WAS just about the best forum around in terms of the mix of information and advice on the RAV4, random off-topic conversations and interesting (and many times inane) banter but recently has been on a bit of a negativity-spiral.

And when every third post is either about how your RAV4 will be worth less then a skip due to the engines, or this, or that, etc etc or somehow every other third post gets driven into that same area of conversation no matter what the original topic of that post, it gets hard to ignore the other negatives and irritations that would be otherwise manageable.

But, as I said, I will have one more go at it, as no reason with the Membership we have in TOC, and especially the RAV4 section, that the fun cannot come back alongside the technical help and advice.

After all, you don't have to be mad to have fun, but it does help :jester: (and apparently, you would have to be mad to buy a car full of defects like a RAV4!! :goof: )

Cheers

Hoovie :thumbsup:

With that , lets put this matter to bed and close this topic.