Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Alarm Problem

Slaxl

Hi all,

This is my first post here, I'm in a bit of a pickle and after a quick Google you looked like the best people on the whole internet to help me. Earlier today as I went to drive off the car wouldn't start, dead Battery, no big deal I could walk, but the problems had only just begun. My alarm won't stop being stupid. It keeps going off, and I swear it seems louder than usual as well. At first I just used the key fob to lock/unlock from my window to stop it, but it kept happening so I went down, got in the car to make sure there wasn't anything untoward, or left on, got out, locked it, and off I went. 7 peaceful hours later we get to now, where the alarm went off again, except this time the keyfob from my window wouldn't work so I went down to the car and even standing right next to it couldn't get it to shut off. So I got in the car, tried the key in the ignition, that didn't work. After what seemed like an eternity of panicking and hitting every button and the dashboard the alarm sound stopped, but the hazards were still ticking away. Then eventually the hazards stopped, now the car is sat there in the dark, unlocked, because it wont relock, and I'm dreading going to sleep because I just know i'll be woken up by the alarm.

I'm guessing it all ties in with the Battery being dead, and I have no jumper cables so I can't give the Battery a pick-me-up, so I was hoping someone here might know how to shut off the alarm for good, to give me peace of mind? It's a VVt-i T Sport, 03 model.

Many thanks.

Well I went and bought a new Battery for it, since I couldn't charge it. All is well now. Though for future reference, I'm curious as to why it is that having a really low Battery sets the alarm off. I didn't lock it last night, hoping to circumvent the alarm that way, seems to have worked, and this morning I double check and open the door, wondering if the Battery is completely dead, and the alarm starts wailing again. Does the alarm have its own battery so it can continue annoying people long after the car is dead and immobilised?

I guess the alarm is working on detecting a voltage drop and the knackered Battery was providing this as it lost its charge. Hopefully the new Battery should see a solution to your problem. Other cars do have seperate Battery for the alarm, but I don't know about the Yaris.

I guess the alarm is working on detecting a voltage drop and the knackered battery was providing this as it lost its charge. Hopefully the new battery should see a solution to your problem. Other cars do have seperate battery for the alarm, but I don't know about the Yaris.

You are quite correct Colin about the voltage drop setting the alarm off. Once the voltage drops to a certain level the alarm will trigger. Also a good idea to replace the Battery in the fob, often neglected and can cause trouble. One other thing, anyone thinking of removing an alarm, be careful you do not invalidate your insurance by doing so.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links