Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Super Service..

Snyder

In the next few months I want to do a super service/tune up, DIY with a friend of mine who's a bit more clued up on cars than I am.. I'm after a list of all the things/parts that I could do/change on my 03 tsport ie best filters to use oil/ fuel etc, ht leads/plugs, fluids, upgrades ie brakes, induction, arb, strut, springs etc. just basically anything that's not to stupid to attempt that will make my beast better, it would be nice to get as many peoples thoughts on what they would go for on this car when considering upgrades and without breaking any t n c's where I should be looking for such items.. Cheers

M-tec brakes, all round drilled and grooved .

Either mtec pads to go with them or ebc.

Braided brake hoses

induction for best performance your probably better doing it properly with a front mounted cold air feed to a panel filter in the airbox.

depends if you want springs/ coilovers, coilovers are better but you need to allocate about 400-500pound for a decent set as you get what you pay for.

Use OEM filters with say 5w30 fully synthetic oil and drop the oil every 6000 miles to keep on top of it. brake fluid you want dot5.1 or higher for maximum results. and if you want to go all out drop the gear box oil and replace with higher/performance gearbox oil.

hope this helps

ANything else i can help with?

As above Oil, Oil filter, Gearbox oil, Pollen filter and Drive belt

Any decent brand 5w30 fully synthetic oil. The OEM denso oil filter is the best for the 2zz

Brakes: MTEC drilled and grooved are a firm favourite (as said above)

Induction kit: The pipercross viper kit seems to be the trend at the moment, requires a small amount of custom work to make full use of the cold air feed

Lowering Springs: TTE/Eibach, Apex and H&R are recommended. Definitely a must on the Pre Facelift T Sports

Rear Anti Roll Bar: Probably the best modification for the CTS, really sharpens up the handling especially when combined with a good set of springs. Progress and Whiteline produce good quality bars

Front Strut: All the same really, you will need to bend a brakeline in order to make one fit on a Pre Facelift car

I have done all the above bar the brakes and my car goes and sounds brilliantly, the handling was vastly improved by adding the springs, front strut and rear arb

Cheers guys, will look into these things.. I can't find anywhere on the net that gives u this information. I think brakes are goin to be my first step as mine are pretty worn anyway :/ and will defo sort strut/arb out as I've seen on here somewhere that it's a vast improvement :) any ideas on up rated ht leads and plugs? Seen plugs but can't find leads anywhere

The 2ZZ has individual coil packs per cylinder so no HT leads. Spark plugs were recently discussed on the other channel, most people tend to use Denso IK22's

That would explain why I couldnt find anything on it! I'm on my iPhone and finding stuff is near impossible! Cheers pal

also a good thing to do which is nice and cheap is the "Lift Bolts", just done mine on an 05 and they were worn bad!

hello bud it is possible to do it diy in well under an hour, the bolts themselves are around 70p each!!! you need 2 of them one for each cam shaft. there are some very useful guides here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1609-2zz-ge-lift-bolts-replacement/

part number for the bolts is 90105-06293, i didnt replace the rocker cover gasket as it was fine, but you do need a tube of auto silicone sealant, which is put in 2 places on the rocker head.

this is the toyota guide to replace them, on a celica (same engine though) you will need a torque wrench though as they have specific torques. using this guide obviously ignore stripping the engine right down as the guid is for when the lift bolts snap ;)

http://www.billswebspace.com/liftbolts.pdf

no sweat bud, most important thing is getting them torqued up properly - overtighten and its knackered! if your "lift" activates then the likelyhood of them being snapped is very low. lift gets slightly more aggressive when the new bolts are installed. which is always a bonus!!!!

Are most of these service/tune up same for the corolla compressor?

Well I'm having intermittent flat spots as my lift engages atm since I change my oil so not looking good, sometimes it's fine sometimes there's nothing so gonna get up to Toyota to look at it regardless of cost as I don't want it to get any worse!

All these would be the same, the only additionally thing i would say is to check ur supercharger oil level, very easy 2 do but getting the "oil" is more of a challenge. Kluber supply it, there are many threads on here about it :)

All these would be the same, the only additionally thing i would say is to check ur supercharger oil level, very easy 2 do but getting the "oil" is more of a challenge. Kluber supply it, there are many threads on here about it :)

how do I check the super charger oil? is there a how to anywhere?

It's pretty straightforward, there is all the info you need on 2zzge.com, just look there under the compressor bits and the guide is in there. You can only buy the "oil" in 1l bottles and comes in at around £80 but it is worth having just for the peice of mind as if the supercharger goes then you'll be looking at a £2000+ bill.

The oil is meant to last the life of the car but after reading about horry stories on here i decided to check mine.

It was fine but i changed it anyway, it doesn't take much of the "oil" when refilling.

This is the link http://2zzge.com/library/Corolla%202ZZGE/TTE%20Compressor/Corolla%20SC%20Oil%20level%20check.pdf

But i have downloaded and printed nearly everything off this site so i have the information to hand (i'm a bit sad like that!)

It's pretty straightforward, there is all the info you need on 2zzge.com, just look there under the compressor bits and the guide is in there. You can only buy the "oil" in 1l bottles and comes in at around £80 but it is worth having just for the peice of mind as if the supercharger goes then you'll be looking at a £2000+ bill.

The oil is meant to last the life of the car but after reading about horry stories on here i decided to check mine.

It was fine but i changed it anyway, it doesn't take much of the "oil" when refilling.

This is the link http://2zzge.com/library/Corolla%202ZZGE/TTE%20Compressor/Corolla%20SC%20Oil%20level%20check.pdf

But i have downloaded and printed nearly everything off this site so i have the information to hand (i'm a bit sad like that!)

Thanks this is very helpful.