Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 Stroke In Diesel

Stupidmia

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daveyonthemove

• jedi134

• dervdave

• Tech01

OK, I stand corrected on this last point.

C.

So, what is BG244 made from?

Discarding 2T as an additive is one thing, but at least you know what it is. Can anyone say EXACTLY what is in BG244?

I've used BG244 and seen similar results to what I'm seeing right now. I'm not saying it has 2T in it, but we can't say that it doesn't....

I personally am only using BG244 as a one off system cleaner. I didn't remove an EGR pipe first to make a before and after comparison. Without any proper test equipment to measure sound, power, economy or emmissions I am not about to draw any conclusions.

It might turn out to be a complete waste of money.

Totally understand what you are saying, and my point (without wanting to cause an argument or imply anything) is that we (the public) tend to believe what is written on the bottle and trust these products with little or no Knowledge of their ingredients. BG244 is sold as a fuel additive, so therefore we trust it to be safe to add to fuel, but something different like 2T or Acetone is branded as 'risky' as it isn't branded as being an additive, despite various testimonies all over the net and the tiny amount (in comparison) that is added to the tank.

For all we know, BG244 could be a tin of 2T oil under a different name, but we would never know it and are happy to pay a lot for it and throw it in the tank.

Just something to think about :)

I said the same thing a while back about 2T.......you know what it is, you know how it can benifit, you know how it works, you know what's in it......

All this other stuff no one knows.......Naphta keeps popping to though..

What's actually in super fuels? No body knows, but people belive the marketing hype.

Jedioil gives you 50 miles per tank extra.....go buy some now :D

Having said that I've not felt any benifit from the 2T, but then Ive not been doing much mileage in the Rav....

To be honest even the Placebo effect is not without its advantages, Women wear a particular perfume because it makes them feel good and usually the more expensive it is the better they feel, The actual contents minus bottle, advertising, and BU***HIT only cost a few pence...Stew

The information on BG244 says that it is a fuel system and engine carbon deposit cleaner;

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-244-for-diesel/33/

I know from my college days that 2T is a crankcase lubricant. My take on these products sets them clearly apart - a cleaner OR a lubricator. you are quite right about BG244 and I have no evidence to say that it works. The car seems to go quite well at the moment but I'm not confident enough to say it is better than before but I would not want to risk any additives with the same purpose in life as engine oil in the fuel after Toyota have gone to such lengths to ensure the life of the engine is extended by keeping it out.

It is sold as an engine deposit cleaner, but that doesn't explain what is in it, or how it works.

If I sold a batch of 2t as engine deposit cleaner and people reported the same findings as I have had (quieter,smoother engine with better economy) I would be very wealthy.

At the end of the day, we can only take 'their' word for it and make a judgement from that. I've read about 2T, and tried it for myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links