Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Uk Facelift Now On Toyota Site

Habu

It's good to see that the reverse camera is included even on the T3.

Odd the T3 gets two whites and the other specs get a light blue?

T3 also gets bluetooth and dual climate control.

But not sure if Touch and Go will play from an MP3 stick or SD card.

Mentions MP3 player via USB so maybe it will handle a plain old stick?

http://www.toyota.co...G+Yaris&sr=Mall

edit:

Looks like it might. Touch and go manual

http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/CC2/touchandgo/downloads/Touch_and_Go_Reference_Guide.pdf

Play music via USB

Connect the device to the USB port. music on the USB or MP3 player will

start playing automatically. If you’re listening to a CD or the radio and want to

switch to the USB device, press the MEDIA button followed by USB or iPod.

Facelift Gen 3 Prius now showing on UK Toyota site. My dealer is expecting his two tomorrow. I'll be down to see the new bits and, hopefully, some improvements.

http://www.toyota.co...2-Prius-landing

Toyota GB now holding off issuing facelift cars to the centres until the end of the month. :(

Yes, sounds like it will :) (Edit: a comment to mp3 playing in case it's not obvious)

What is the difference between "Driver's smart entry and smart start" of the T3 and "Full smart entry and start" of the T4? It could be only the Driver's door entry on the T3??

What is the difference between "Driver's smart entry and smart start" of the T3 and "Full smart entry and start" of the T4?

Sounds like the same as the current models. T3 only has smart (keyless) entry on the driver's door. The others have smart entry on all the doors (and hatch).

I was intrigued by the "*optional on T3 and T4" in the Enhanced specifications because there didn't appear to be any options. Looking today, I see that this has been removed. :)

Nice extras on the T3 but I don't think it's enough to make me trade in for a new one.

Regarding the dual climate control, I seem to recall that this was also advertised when the gen3 first appeared but didn't actually exist. Looking at the 2012 photos, the heating controls seem to pretty much the same.

Hmm I didnt realise Prius prices are £5000 more expensive than brand new Gen 2 prices......

Maybe I was naive in thinking the car price will stay the same whilst technology improves and become more efficient in building them.

I quite fancy the Prius Plug-in but the Toyota site doesnt say when it will be out and the price. Originally I thought the electric mileage will be about 20 miles but the Toyota site it is up to 14 miles which I am disappointed in - but hey that is still darn good! The nice thing is it takes 1.5 hours to charge it up.

Claiming 'enough fuel in the tank to take you 700 miles without refuelling' as a highlighted feature is a bit rich! Have any of you achieved anything close to this?

The current Gen3 will indicate empty and beep at you with 8 litres left in the tank, earlier than with the Gen2. Technically possible, but you'd have to do it on your own instrumentation!

Another possibly dodgy 'highlight' is the Solar roof. On the 2011, there was no indication that it was not compatible with the Safety Pack (even though Canadian models have this). Even our local dealer didn't know this until the moment of placing an order. It was apparently due to extra weight, so I wonder if this could have changed.

I quite fancy the Prius Plug-in but the Toyota site doesnt say when it will be out and the price.

Earlier on they were priced at £30,000 less the £5000 government subsidy. Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the PHEV lately.

Claiming 'enough fuel in the tank to take you 700 miles without refuelling' as a highlighted feature is a bit rich! Have any of you achieved anything close to this?

I guess that is based on 72mpg x 10 gallons = 720 miles!

But you would have to do the last 100+ miles with the fuel gauge flashing at you.

My record is 600 miles on a tank.

What is the difference between "Driver's smart entry and smart start" of the T3 and "Full smart entry and start" of the T4?

Sounds like the same as the current models. T3 only has smart (keyless) entry on the driver's door. The others have smart entry on all the doors (and hatch).

I was intrigued by the "*optional on T3 and T4" in the Enhanced specifications because there didn't appear to be any options. Looking today, I see that this has been removed. :)

Nice extras on the T3 but I don't think it's enough to make me trade in for a new one.

Regarding the dual climate control, I seem to recall that this was also advertised when the gen3 first appeared but didn't actually exist. Looking at the 2012 photos, the heating controls seem to pretty much the same.

Does it have central locking on the other doors and hatch?

Can the dealer or owner re-program the car to disable the Smart locking and if so would it reduce the 12 V Battery standby current?

I vaguely recall the mention of dual climate control last time, it would be naughty of Toyota to pull off the same trick twice? Once could be mistake, twice...?

Does it have central locking on the other doors and hatch?

T3 - Yes. Central locking/unlocking on all doors via buttons on remote. Also via button inside the car. Smart entry on driver's door only (where you hold the handle and the car unlocks if you have the key fob on you).

AFAIK, smart entry can't be turned off by customer or dealer in the UK. In the USA, they have some control over the locking and unlocking facilities according to the owners manual.

Is it only the person with the key fob on their person who can touch and open the door, or can anyone standing near the car can open the door whilst the key fob is within range?

Is it only the person with the key fob on their person who can touch and open the door, or can anyone standing near the car can open the door whilst the key fob is within range?

They'd have to be stood next to you which kinda defeats the object :)

You couldn't stand next to the drivers door (with the fob) and the front passenger open the car from their side. It'll stay locked.

I guess it depends on how easy it would be to distract the key fob wearer and for a second person to open the car door?

Can the dealer or owner re-program the car to disable the Smart locking and if so would it reduce the 12 V battery standby current?

It switches itself off after the car has been stood for a while, a couple of days IIRC.

Also I think the handbook mentions keeping the key at least 10 foot away from the car to preserve the life of the Fob Battery.

Can the dealer or owner re-program the car to disable the Smart locking and if so would it reduce the 12 V battery standby current?

It switches itself off after the car has been stood for a while, a couple of days IIRC.

Also I think the handbook mentions keeping the key at least 10 foot away from the car to preserve the life of the Fob Battery.

I presume the signal is attenuated by walls? I'm not sure where I put my current non-Smart keys is 10 feet away from the car but the signal would have to go through a house wall (or what counts as a wall on a modern paper-thin built house). Is it obvious when the smart key fob is in range and using more power?

sorry but that looks absolutely disgusting lol!

I agree but when I've mentioned that in the past someone usually disagrees :)

AFAIK, smart entry can't be turned off by customer or dealer in the UK. In the USA, they have some control over the locking and unlocking facilities according to the owners manual.

Update:

Found this thread over on Prius Chat. Not sure if it works for UK gen3

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-technical-discussion/74565-instructions-disable-sks-without-techstream.html

Is it obvious when the smart key fob is in range and using more power?

It is at night.

When the key fob is in range of the SKS, the interior lights come on. :)

Just found it in the manual (page 59), switches itself off after 5 days and key needs to be kept over 6ft away.

Interestingly enough, it also says the system will switch itself off after 10 minutes if the key is left within 6ft of the car, this could be an easy way to disable it as long as you can keep an eye on the car for 10 minutes.

Sorry, I'm confused. The key fob Battery will drain unless it is more than 6 feet away, but it was said in a previous post that the key fob has to be closer than that for the door to open by touch and that a passenger wouldn't be able to open their door by touch if the driver had the smart key fob on their side.