Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Low?

compress'rolla

Anyone know how low you can drop the compressor on the standard shocks?

And what springs are best while i look into coilovers and save the pennies. cheers.

The general rule of thumb is that you should never drop a car more than 30mm on standard shockers, gas or liquid. This is because you are asking the damper to perform the same job with the same forces within a smaller travel, thus putting it under far more stress and strain than it was originally designed for.

I would buy coilovers and be done with it, they are fully adjustable in ride height, compression and rebound and sometimes you can request custom spring-rates and will last much longer than standard shock whilst still offering you the chance to rebuild them when they die in many many years time. WIN WIN WIN!!! :thumbsup:

Others will say different about 30mm and say "I've had no problems" the point is 30mm is a safety margin and it discusses the longevity of the shocks rather than the direct performance whilst driving.

KP

I totally agree with my !Removed! mate KP on this subject! :eat: Lmfao... Get off that GTA! You're wasting my electic in my house!!! Hahahaha

I totally agree with my gay mate KP on this subject! :eat: Lmfao... Get off that GTA! You're wasting my electic in my house!!! Hahahaha

Someone obviously doesn't want a 4A-GE rebuild then... or at least one that doesn't have bleach in it.. :P

:help2: You know I love you really mate! But not in that way!!!... Please,plese,plese build me a 4A-GE!... Or no breakfast for you tomz! I'll be down to Mc d's for you fella! :eat::drunk:

No man should ever be deprived of his bacon.... :(

I agree haha

And to the rule of thumb with 30mm I thought that but the whole f/l pre f/l confuses me with the suspension setup

Yeh well the FL was 15mm lower than the PFL so either you can go another 15mm or Toyota improved the shock absorbers such that you can now drop them another 30mm on top of the FL 15mm.

When people fit 40mm springs to a FL, it usually means it will drop it 25mm because it's 40-15 = 25mm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links