Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Refuel Notification

Martin I

I'm after someone with a 2009 onwards Avensis to post some pictures of the low fuel warning stages.

Ideally from a T4 where it displays the Please refuel message on the display.

I have an ongoing issue with the dealer about the lock of notification on the car since it was in for a service and they seem unwilling to resolve it as to quote "The manual has no mention of it"

So far they have replaced a sensor on the fuel tank and the latest effort was to replace the combi meter which now resulted in the car having zero miles on it now non of which have so far fixed the issue.

Help please

If nobody else has replied by Friday, i will. Just got to burn a 3/4 full tank off.

Thanks i'm starting to loose faith when the dealer doesnt even know what its supposed to do. Ive been waiting months a few days wont make much difference

What are your concerns with the fuel guage / read out? My understanding is that the "please refuel" message comes on at the same time as the last "blob" starts flashing and the range reads "0" at this point you have approx 10 ltrs left in the tank as what Toyota call a reserve. Is yours different?

My concern is the fact that it does not display the warning anymore. what I get now is

Solid bottom bar

No bottom bar and then the range says 0 miles and the petrol light cmes on.

It always used to warn on display to refuel as you say when the bottom bar started to flash but now it does not flash at all.

What I need is some pics from one doing what its supposed to so I can beat the dealer with it and hopefully get them to fix it once and for all

latest update garage have tested another avensis and said it does the same as mine now which is no warning message and no flashing bottom bar.

so I really need someone with flashing bar to post me some pics showing warning message. also if possible can whoever posts pics pm me reg no as the garage have asked for it to cross check part no's

I'm sick now unless I can prove it does what I say it does the dealer doesn't want to know

Not much help to you but my 2010 1.8 Petrol, all thats happens is the orange petrol pump light comes on in the dash.. not seen any messages.. but it is only a TR..

Not much help to you but my 2010 1.8 Petrol, all thats happens is the orange petrol pump light comes on in the dash.. not seen any messages.. but it is only a TR..

Cheers Dale,

Looks like im going to have to try and find someone with a T4 or a T-Spirit as yours is the same as mine now.

Or tackle Toyota customer relations

Any T4 or T-Spirit drivers able to help? as it look maybe model specific

There must be a lurker or member on here who can help?!

Next sensible plan would be to find at a Mr T and go and start the engine as most cars in the trade have no fuel in them.

I have only ever once taken my tank down to the level where there is less than 10 miles range left. I have not seen such a message and mine is a 2011 T4. I don't recall my 2009 T4 having it either :huh:

Sorry but I have a 59 reg T4 estate and I only get the warning light and zero range, in fact the warning light comes on at 12 miles range.

Didn't know that it has still got 10 litres left when the range is zero, so thanks for that bit of info.....