Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phatali (Newbie) E11 1.6 Vvti Sr Face Lift

phatali

Hi!

My name is Ali and a few months ago I bought a e11 sr face lift. Im new to Toyota but family have always had Jap cars except me.

Im coming over from clubpolo.co.uk

I owned a VW polo MK3 coupe (MK2f) 1.0 8v 4 speed lol 46 BHP! HA! but I made it my own and loved it. 7 years of pride and joy and I then sold it and the guy who bought it had it on the road for 6 days......it ended up in a wall and died. Anyway I needed something with atleast a bit more umf so the corolla came my way and I went for it.

Here are some pics of my old car so you guys know what Im into.

CNV00025.jpg

CNV00015.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

And the Corolla.

Im not sure why the headlights look green and my hand wasn't steady!

SNV30535.jpg

SNV30537.jpg

SNV30539.jpg

SNV30540.jpg

SNV30541.jpg

SNV30543.jpg

SNV30547.jpg

I have lowered it just over a week ago now on BC coilovers. The front is down 80mm and back 60mm. Damping is 8 from soft on front and 10 from soft on back. It is sweet with that set up. However I still feel I need to go lower at the front.

I have a few more mods yet to do and will ad some better pics of the car clean when I get a chance, for now that is all but watch this space!

ps how do I find the colour code?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phatali

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good so far :)

How do you find the BC's... ?

Welcome to the T.O.C Ali :)

Looks good so far :)

How do you find the BC's... ?

Welcome to the T.O.C Ali :)

Thanks dude!

At first I wasn't happy as i was bouncing a bit too much, but now Iv adjusted the damping oh its sweet, realy nice ride and sticks so well in corners. I do recommend.

Ooooh very nice, more of these coming out of the woodwork - there a very rare car indeed :) welcome to TOC, i have one of these too :thumbsup:

Liking the stance on the coilovers, im at the position i need to decide wether i want just lowering springs or go the whole hog and fit a set of coilovers. How much did you get the bcs for? And how do you find the ride compared to standard?

Whats the plans for her?

Ooooh very nice, more of these coming out of the woodwork - there a very rare car indeed :) welcome to TOC, i have one of these too :thumbsup:

Liking the stance on the coilovers, im at the position i need to decide wether i want just lowering springs or go the whole hog and fit a set of coilovers. How much did you get the bcs for? And how do you find the ride compared to standard?

Whats the plans for her?

Thanks man!

Hmm didn't realise they were rare nice!

Dude coilovers all the way because these also have camber adjust at the front so all is well if you want to go low. These will go atleast another 30-40mm lower at the front. BC's were just over 600, but they have now put the prices up to nearly 800! crazy mothers.

Plans are :

Banded steel wheels, thinking 7.5j at the front and 8.5j at the back, maybe 14's if not 15's.

Cat back ss exhaust, no back box but do have a mid silencer.

Im realy loving the old skool jap looks atm so im thinking...... a small oil cooler mounted on the front bumper with pipes coming out of the grill....just a thought not sure. Some chav probably would end up cutting a pipe round my way so maybe not such a great idea.

Also to answer your qn Steven, I would say the ride is now alomost the same as standard in terms of smoothness and comfort.

Sometimes I have to remind myself im lowered. Say about 80% standard comfort but 100% sticking to the road no roll.

Fantastic to have another one of ours on here!

Welcome!

Looks good so far, always liked the Blue in the range.

As for the colour code, chassis plate is on the bulkhead behind the engine, on the passenger side behind your upper strut brace.

Colour code is on the bottom line, the first 3 digits.

Interested to hear more about the coilovers, wanted them on mine but my budget wouldnt cover them.

Just my two-penneth worth, but I personally wouldn't go the JDM route on this one, as they were never available in Japan, and are a euro-style design. Like I say, just my opinion, and everyone is different.

Keep us all updated, hope you enjoy this underated rare car as much as the rest of us do!

Fantastic to have another one of ours on here!

Welcome!

Looks good so far, always liked the Blue in the range.

As for the colour code, chassis plate is on the bulkhead behind the engine, on the passenger side behind your upper strut brace.

Colour code is on the bottom line, the first 3 digits.

Interested to hear more about the coilovers, wanted them on mine but my budget wouldnt cover them.

Just my two-penneth worth, but I personally wouldn't go the JDM route on this one, as they were never available in Japan, and are a euro-style design. Like I say, just my opinion, and everyone is different.

Keep us all updated, hope you enjoy this underated rare car as much as the rest of us do!

Thanks!

At first I had bough some FK Highsport coilovers was just about to fit them on and realised they were not going to fit. Did some digging around and it seems as though this model comes with different size of spring at the front.

In the end i bit the bullet and went for BC and so far havnt looked back. Bren @ BC really helped me out to get the right part.

I will be getting a cat back system soon but for now will settle with some home made bodge by chopping of the rear silencer its really blowing and sounds so crap!

^_^

Give k20vfx a message on here, hes got a full system for sale ;)

Coilovers are prob a bit out of my price range :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update i took some better pics and decided to get some wheels photoshopped on.

What you guys think? What colour should i go for on some banded steels. I will upload some more pics later.

downloadfile-5.jpg

downloadfile-3.jpg

downloadfile-4.jpg

Dont like either sorry :( just doesnt suit the style of the car like it does with the dubs.

You need to lower the rear too :P

mmm not sure, maybe some white wheels ? :D

What type of rear spoiler do you have fitted ?

mmm not sure, maybe some white wheels ? :D

What type of rear spoiler do you have fitted ?

I wonder why youve suggested white :P its a standard sr spoiler :)

Hehe white is what i really want, but this is my daily and i do crazy miles so id never get a chance to keep them clean!

And yea standard sr spoiler.

Iv erm also made a modification to my exhaust....no more rear silencer. Il post a pic soon.

One of those rare genuine TTE rear spoilers would look nice on that :P

It so would but im thinking it would cost crazy monies.

No rear silencer? Too loud perhaps?

TTE genuine parts are worth the money, save and buy with confidence.

It is loud but only when you floor it. Apart from that the raw sound it makes is so sweet!

Very true about the parts!

I was just about to say that Anthony :) The wrc cars had the small sr wing and the massive one... mmmm

Ali tell me about white wheels.. mine get dirty even when my car is parked :(

Hmm can't find a Tte spoiler!

You will struggle to find one. I looked for over a year for a genuine one. Little nicky on here has one in your colour for £150. Bite his hands off mate as itll cost you more than that to have one sprayed to match the car, if you ever find another

Car looks really clean :) exhaust looks a bit of a bodge if im honest, take it to a proper exhaust place as that flexi stuff is crap.

Any other plans for her?

Not a bad price at all sayings its in the same colour!

Yea the exhaust is only temp untill i can afford get a ss cat back. Tbh im the ultimate bodge guy!

A set of low offset 15" wheels is next on the list.

I would consider getting rid of my rear wing, but only if someone could find me a complete WRC rear wing :)

Booster do part of it, but not the part that goes across the rear window :( lol

Hmmm whats the wrc version? Also any one running a oil cooler? I know the old rollas came with them but this doesn't.