• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phatali

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys i need some advice/help.

First thing is i want to replace the rear bumper as my exhaust broke and some how lifted up and burnt a hole through it. One of the problems when you dont have a back box it all sounds the same if its broke or not! Soooo i can get hold of a rear bumper in the same colour but its off a 5 door, will it fit my 3dr?

Other thing im wanting to do is make a digi dash well clocks. Does any one know which wire carries the pulses or such for the rev counter and speedo. Can i get to them from the OBD connector?

5door bumpers are differet to 3doors mate. I got one of eBay for £20

Damn,ok thanks dude! Any idea on wiring?

It is possible to get the readings of the ecu through the obd11 port - i have done it on my computer ecu thingy lol

Sweet! Now jus gotta find which wire it is and boom old skool seven seg digital display!

Looks nice dude how much for the coilovers ? As for the wheels id go for a more race look wheel but its your car :).

Thanks dude. Coilovers were not cheap 650! But worth it tbh. Im trying to get an old jap look with deep dish rims and such you see hehe.

I think to pull it off you need to go lower and get more camber with those wheels !

Dude iv bin real low but because of the low offset of the rims iv ripped chunks out of the tyres! Its running max neg camber at the front lol any more and the tyre doesnt grip meaning i have no control of it!

Right guys i have been building a digital speedo....soon to be!

I have built the circuit just need to find the sensor wire from the rolla and woopa digital speedo! Any one with a ecu or dash circuit diagram/pinouts would be a great help.

Check it out.

Note the cam was not picking up the numbers .....they were too bright so have turned the brightness down.

First 0 mph

IMAG0418.jpg

Testing caught it displaying 29mph

At the moment trying out white and blue 7segment.

IMAG0417.jpg

Holly crap dude, thats cool as! How and where did you learn how to build that :thumbsup:

Any one for ecu or dash circuit diagrams? dont really want to go jamming a wire into stuff lol!

Thats a nice little project, well done :)

Thanks guys!

Planning on converting the full dash, rev counter might be a bit of a mission, think fuel and temp may be a bit easier.

Got a haynes manual if thats any use?

Yea i dnt have one, can you have a quick look if there is any circuit diagrams for ecu or dash, if thats ok?

@steve, its nit that difficult to make this you may need a little backgrund on pic micros n electronics but the net has it all!

Yes it does. Ill take some good photos for you later.

Ye im ok at wiring (done a few ecus) and converted my dash to red leds but making componants is new to me

Sweet cheers dude!

Well ul be fine then! All you need is a pic programmer to get you started. Il keep this updated so you can see how im doing it. New to me these 7 segment displays.

• 2 weeks later...

Got hold of a set of clocks from a non face lift rolla. Saw a bulb missing in the back of it well a few were but one seemed as though it was for seat belt warning. Do rollas come with the sensor installed just need a bulb?

20120614_201734.jpg

Now need to play with it!!

Looks good.

No sensor in the seat for the seatbelt ;)

Damn it lol ahh well. Dude you get a chance to get them circuit diagrams?

Crap, completely forgot, im on a late shift today so wont get chance. But when i finish tomorrow i will post them up ;)