Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phatali (Newbie) E11 1.6 Vvti Sr Face Lift

phatali

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phatali

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope these have come out ok

1ac8fdd4.jpg

8576dd26.jpg

Thats all the wiring diagrams for the dails mate. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for that dude! Man of ur word!

No prob mate if there not clear enough (i cant tell on my mobile) ill try and get some clearer ones.

If you need any of the others let me know :)

yeah they are fine thanks dude got a problem though

i cny pull the clocks out to test it. There isnt enough room to get behind it . it would mean i would have to take the clocks out! Any ideas where i can find the ecu?

U can get the clocks out by removing the egnition surround and undoing the gearbox sensor to allow them to pull forward ;)

The ecu is sat on the floor behind the centre console. I currently have mine out :rolleyes: if you look at my recent pics you can see it ;)

Ok cool i will give this a go tmro. When you say gearbox sensor u mean the cable that clicks the milage and such over.....right.

Aha yes i have seen the ecu before thinking about. Was woundering if that was it when i was installing my sound system. Cheers mate.

What are your thoughts on the wax?

Works pretty well easy to clean brake dust off.

My digital speedo is ready to go, its running of a 9v battery(pp3) just to test out .....but still cant find a signal from the speed sensor not happy :(

your car looks really nice mate :) liking the usdm feel

Hehe thanks dude! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Painted trailing arms cyan blue and put some poly bushes in.

IMAG0391.jpg

Going for that old skool look with the twin cam sticker

20120707_195953.jpg

20120708_125527.jpg

Some very nice touches, this car is really coming along well :)

I love the twin cam decal, looks fantastic :thumbsup:

I plan to paint my arms at somepoint as there getting a little rusty, but i shall be very boring with mine and paint them black lol. Any tips you could share? The finish looks great :thumbsup:

Hi there.

On the 1st page, there is a pic from the side, and it looks like the car have rear disc brakes?

Do they come with that in the UK? My '98 only have drums. :s

yes all facelift SR's came with rear discs. the later G6's and all G6Rs, plus the majority of diesels did too ;)

you can simply swop the hubs, calipers and discs inc handbrake cables from one of the above to replace the rear drums :)

Lovely, i assume i wont get any trouble with the "Vehicle Licensing" (excuse my google translate) office here in Norway for upgrading my brakes. :P

Know if there are any places you can upgrade to bigger discs aswell? I knoow some company in UK had that for my Renault R19 back in the days.

I dont know re norway as i dont know there rules.

No bigger discs avalible for the rear either

Thanks guys :) few more ideas yet.

@steve I got them from a scrap non face lift. Was a mission to get them off....untill i got the right tools!!

I just hammered the flaking rust off and wired brushed it. I wanted to hammerite them but didnt veta chance to buy any so ended up painted them that colour. I ten laqured them.

Had to get one end bush pressed out other was burnt out.

Loving the wheels on the car, i always wondered how would an E11 look like with veedub style rims, but i never tried it on mine. What do you think about Ronal Turbo, Ronal Aero and Pirelli P-Slot rims? I think they would look pretty sick, but would rub on the arches or the car would have to be too high and would ruin the whole looks.

Thanks dude! Ron turbos n p slots are high ofset wheels. So you could slam the hell out of the e11 to the floor as they would tuck very nice under the arch.

Mine on the other hand are et15 kinda lowish offset. They have a fair bit of poke. So much i had to raise the front end..twice! But still looks low enough. I might stretch the tyres further so i can lower the front more. Not sure as i dont want to loose the grip.

Got a qn. Are rear calipers the same on a 3 door facelift as a 5 door facelift?

Yup the hubs are the same.

Youll need hubs, calipers, discs pads and handbrake cables. As far as im award the rear axle is the same

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links