Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phatali (Newbie) E11 1.6 Vvti Sr Face Lift

phatali

The rear bumper splitts apart into two ;)

So just put the painted bottom bit onto your painted top bit :)

No way!! I honestly thought ours are one piece, many a time when cleaning it seems like its a single part! So if i take a close look its actually two bits???

Yup ur right thats a very good idea cheers dude:)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phatali

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks pretty close to the kerb :-)

Any chance of making a small video of the exhaust sound, thanks.

That looks pretty close to the kerb :-)

Any chance of making a small video of the exhaust sound, thanks.

Yup its sat on it lol i heard it scrape as i pulled up.

Yea ok il make vid....it sounds pretty heavy tbh...maybe a little too loud also.

Any one have a pin out of the ECU? Im still failing on trying to get to the back of my clocks for to attach the digi speedo signal.

All it needs is a pulse, I could make a hall sensor circuit but Im trying to avoid addings bits near the wheel lol

Still need to make a vid of the exhaust too.

Finally got hold of a Digital rev counter circuit, its slowly coming together. The issue with trying to get a feed of the back of the clocks for the speedo is that im 99% sure its cable driven. Which throws a large spanner in my works. However I may be able to get a output from the ECU. As Steven says the OBDII shows this output so there must be a way to get that signal.

If all else fails then I will connect a Hall effect sensor to a non moving part and a magnet very close by to a moving part. Then calibrate my circuit to give me the correct MPH.

Regarding the rev counter, there must be a signal for this as it doesn't use the cable like the speedo. Meaning I SHOULD be able to tap into the rev counter signal, again it will be a set of pulses.

The rev counter I have should display all digits unlike some I have seen with a static 0 at the end.

Just a bit of an update for you guys.

:naughty:

The ecu deffo sees a speed signal as my st nav system uses one to calculate the time a journey will take.

I am yet to find the information of which wire to tap into. I do know its violet/blue

The ecu deffo sees a speed signal as my st nav system uses one to calculate the time a journey will take.

I am yet to find the information of which wire to tap into. I do know its violet/blue

AHA!

Right that is still good info! If I could !Removed! get the clocks out it at least I could see the damn cable! lol

Need to take steering wheel and surround off for that ;)

Need to take steering wheel and surround off for that ;)

Damn it lol!!

Its act very easy. 2 screws behind the airbag -disconnect the Battery before undoing these. Pop airbag out then. One 19mm nut in the middle and its off. Surround is just 3 screws and it comes off ;)

That sounds good to me! Also took your advice and now have a pre face lift rear bumper in my colour woo!

I also have a prefacelift rear bumper in your colour in my garage :rolleyes:

I also have a prefacelift rear bumper in your colour in my garage :rolleyes:

Do you know how hard it was trying to find one!!! And you have one sat in your garage!!! Lol

Ah but i did this too it when i was having fun with fibreglass :(

89a25c94.jpg

ae8445b9.jpg

Its had a ep3 type r splitter half attached to it so would have been no use :rolleyes:

89a25c94.jpg

ae8445b9.jpg

Its had a ep3 type r splitter half attached to it so would have been no use :rolleyes:

And its fully colour coded!!!

lol fair play dude, hmm did the splitter idea work?

Iv been thinking for a while to get some headlight washers installed. I didn't want the static one that sit on the bumper (...although did these corollas come with some?).

So I got some of a pug 406 i think it was. These will pop out of the bumper with the pressure of the water.

I know that the head lights wont get that clean without a mini wiper but meh its all good.

My plan is to have one come up and then the other, probably working on individual pumps.

I will post some pics when I get home.

And its fully colour coded!!!

lol fair play dude, hmm did the splitter idea work?

Dude btw, is the top half in good con?

Headlight washers dont need a wiper - the new audis/fords etc have them. But in all honesty i think there the most pointless thing ever. All they do is make a mess on the front end of your car lol.

It abit scuffed mate but not that bad i could take photos if you want?

Ye the splitter would have come out ok if i hadnt lost interest. I hate FB with a passion now since ive smashed my front bumper :rolleyes:

Headlight washers dont need a wiper - the new audis/fords etc have them. But in all honesty i think there the most pointless thing ever. All they do is make a mess on the front end of your car lol.

It abit scuffed mate but not that bad i could take photos if you want?

Ye the splitter would have come out ok if i hadnt lost interest. I hate FB with a passion now since ive smashed my front bumper :rolleyes:

Iv put my orig top half on but its got a few scuffs. If you are not wanting it then yea can u post some pics. Cheers dude

Just 3 pics from jap meet other night.

facebook_-672116979jpg.jpg

Didnt get a chance to even clean it!!

facebook_-2027340021jpg.jpg

This civic was so nice i really want one.

facebook_116457392jpg.jpg

So finally today i had an hour free so decided to sort my camber.

Not exactly sure why but passenger side tyre is getting eaten away on the inside edge.

Ok too much negative camber. So a pushed it to positive camber took this pic but it was too much so set a bit of neg camber again.

20120908_124142.jpg

Im all for negative camber and hell id have it fully neg if it was up to me!! But reality hits you when you gota change tyres after 3 months of doing crazy miles.

Thing is now iv done the camber it pushes that side of the car up. Meaning the ride hight is no longer correct

On the driver side the arch clearance is 1.5 inch to top of tyre, where as the passenger side i just adjusted the amber off was 2inch.

So i decided to lower it on that side by half inch.

20120908_124129.jpg

Also last week a mate and i have fitted 1zz (1.8) inlet manifold with a larger butterfly and 1zz injectors.

Realy good mod that setup.

20120908_124210.jpg

Take a look at the thread:

www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137435&st=0

So i bought this beauty of littlenicky off here.

20120913_224906.jpg

Want to put it on but might get is painted where there is some paint that had come off. Nothing major however.

Ok so any advise on best way of fitment.

Mmmmmmm genuine TTE parts. I have a fetish for them :lol:

Theres three nuts you need to remove. One either side of the tailgate under 2 rubber washers, then remove the upper brake light cover - it just pops off and youll see the third. The standard spoiler then needs a damn good yank to get it off as it has two pop in clips that the TTE one doesnt have.

If you have it sprayed, the TTE Badge needs to be removed. Try not to damage this as there £25 from toyota :o

Or you can speak to me nicely as i have LOADS of them :lol:

87badeae.jpg

Car will look 100xs better with it on dude :thumbsup:

Hahaha you have loads of them!!! Cheers dude if i do get it painted il will ask nicely!!

You are totally right the tte spoiler has changed the way it looks. Im really happy with it!!

Check out pics from today.

20120915_153520.jpg

20120915_153732.jpg

20120915_153429.jpg

20120915_153634.jpg

20120915_153543.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links