Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps Please.... No Sir They Cant Be Fitted..!

GS7A

How's this for a howler from Toyota.... I am trading in my 2009 SR180 for a new 2012 RAV4 XTR for delivery on 1st March and specked the new car with all of the available factory options including a style pack. I would have gone for a new SR but they only do an automatic, no manual, not sure what that’s all about, I’m sure Toyota would sell many more SR’s if there was a manual option.

Received a call from the Dealership yesterday saying that they are not able to fit the Mud Flaps that I had requested because the fronts can’t be filled in conjunction with the side bars that come with the Style Pack.... We can fit the rears for you though Sir.... WTF?!

I can’t believe that Toyota has been so short sighted..! I’m very tempted to tell them to stick their new car and keep my SR180. At least it has a style pack and mud flaps front and rear, it also has a sun roof which isn’t an option an any of the new RAV 4’s. Is it time to ditch the RAV for a new Honda, Mitsu, or Subaru me is starting to think..!!!

The side bars run right up to the front wheel arch - really nice. Keep an open mind until you see it.

I'm going to see the new car on Saturday. I'll take your advice anchorman and see what it looks like in the flesh. I'll post back my thoughts and some picks at the weekend.

The side bars run right up to the front wheel arch - really nice. Keep an open mind until you see it.

....THEN BUY OR BORROW A DREMEL, AND FIT YOUR OWN....they could do it for you....it's called going the extra half mile....previously known as customer satisfaction / service.

Rant O'Ver.....

Good point well made Big Kev. I did loads of mods on my BMW R1150GS so am used to getting stuck in to the tools. It's just slightly frustrating that they can't be fitted by the dealership. Still they want £120 to fit them so I can save a few bob by buying a set, modding them, and fitting them myself :hammer:

Will your mudflaps on the SR fit the new car? If so why not keep them!?

Tight Dave

Dont know that there is much difference between a XTR and a SR now apart from auto?

£120 to fit them, flaming ada, £25 here in the Thames Valley, the official time is less than 30 mins to fit so your labour costs are high.....

My dealer is putting the front flappies in the boot for me to fit with my blunt junior hacksaw (as advised by whopper Kev).

Gus

Dont know that there is much difference between a XTR and a SR now apart from auto?

Gus

and the "Go" (Nav) bit of the "Touch and Go"? (and 18" wheel and overfenders/arch extentions?)

It looks like the key difference between the old and new XT-Rs is with the re-introduction of Keyless Entry and Start which was taken away for some odd reason on the 2011 facelift. - plus the much more capable Head Unit with backup camera and iPod

Not sure if the SR has anything else added other then the change of Head Unit? (so mostly adding iPod connectivity)

I have noticed that the "Touch & Go" promo conveniently does not mention that to use stuff like google search, you need to have your own internet-connected device linked to it (e.g Mobile phone with GPRS/3G connected vias Bluetooth) - watch out for big bills if no data plan or using abroad!