Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattles And Noises

filcool

Evening all,

when it comes to rattles in a car i can become a bit OCD with them,but i hate rattles in a car although like to fix them so have been trying to stop some in the auris hsd,dont wont to go back to dealer as never really get a solution im happy with,to fussy i suppose.

the first i found was behind the handle of the passenger door,had to remove panel completely but it was the handle release cables wernt in there clip housings properly so clipped them back in,FIXED

the under glove box panel that covers heater motor very loose in its clips,a bit of sponge padding for that,FIXED.

the rear parcel shelf is quite rattle in it holder but havent got that stopped yet other than removal.

rear passenger area where seat belt comes out of has a weird rattle vibration,not sure what that is if its seat belt reel or something else,cant really get easy access to that area.

the final one for tonight is the drivers door area,theres like a strange rubbery squeak shuffle noise when going over rough ground slowly,have tried vaseline on the seals to lube them up but still does it,not even sure if its where the noise is coming from,nothing else seems loose or moving so not sure on that one.

if anybody can help with any of these that would be great

Thought they would have sorted the Auris rattles out by now. Sorry I cannot offer specific help but rattles are common on the Auris.

It is obviously new so get it back in to them.

Gosh, you're good! Can you come and have a crack at my Prius sometime?!

Just two minor rattles in mine, but I notice them as it's so quiet otherwise. Also, as I'm usually the only person in the car, I can't isolate where they're coming from in order to fix 'em and the dog just hasn't learned how to do it, in spite of several attempts to train him.

"..the under glove box panel that covers heater motor very loose in its clips.."

Found that one on mine this week whilst removing mats to clean - seems to be a real "Heath Robinson" design - will try your solution

"..the under glove box panel that covers heater motor very loose in its clips.."

Found that one on mine this week whilst removing mats to clean - seems to be a real "Heath Robinson" design - will try your solution

very rubbish design that bit the 3 clips at the front are lose and the backs held in with a plastic pin but the hole its fits into is metal and way to oversized compared with the pin.

In passing and mentioning mats, could they have made the hooks securing the driver's mat anymore difficult to use? Given this sensitive subject, surely a more elegant solution could be found

... as I'm usually the only person in the car, I can't isolate where they're coming from in order to fix 'em ...

Someone on Priuschat used a wide bore flexible hose a couple of feet long to isolate rattles. One end on your ear and point with the other. I have tried it and it does work, but looks a bit wierd if you are on your own!

In passing and mentioning mats, could they have made the hooks securing the driver's mat anymore difficult to use? Given this sensitive subject, surely a more elegant solution could be found

I couldn't agree more - a nightmare if you've had to get in the car with mucky feet then want to gently remove the mat to clean it without the dirt flying everywhere - I've invested in a handheld vacuum cleaner to clean my drivers mat so I'll rarely have to remove it!!!

Had a bit more rattle stopping tonight,i think i might have stopped the parcel shelf rattle,the parcel shelf is a hard plastic Shell covered in carpet and underneath theres only small material strips at the corners to stop sqeaking on the plastic holders either side,noticed these material strips had worn through allowing plastic to plastic moving,so now padded with more robust material packing,FIXED for now.

Also had to pad driver seat belt clip as it was rattling against the centre armrest cubby because my seat is so far back,fixed.

So as a treat bought myself a pen to carry in the car,hope it doesnt rattle in the case :lol:

001-5.jpg

thats it tonight phil

... as I'm usually the only person in the car, I can't isolate where they're coming from in order to fix 'em ...

Someone on Priuschat used a wide bore flexible hose a couple of feet long to isolate rattles. One end on your ear and point with the other. I have tried it and it does work, but looks a bit wierd if you are on your own!

Thanks for the suggestion. Don't be offended if I don't take it up! :)

The Auris HSD I had as a loaner for a couple of months was completely rattle free. It felt better screwed together than my Prius!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links