Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux. Unexplanined Clunk, Help

scally

Hi All, I'm new to this sort of thing but here goes. Please if anyone could shed any light on what the following could be I will be very greatful; I have a Toyota Hilux 3ltr 07plate, it was involed in a hit & run on a round-about with a Ford Transit Flat-bed in October, yes he did a runner. My insurance fixed my Hilux, but on getting it back from the garage within days it developed a metal clunking sound that could and still is being heard when turning full lock left in forward + reverse. I contacted my insurance company and my Hilux has been back to the garage were I test drove it for thier head engineer, he confirmed that he could also hear the clunk. It has since been test driven & looked at by an Independent Assessor and Toyota + a full safety check carried out, they also heard the sound but thier findings were inconclusive. The safety check only showed that my front breaks + discs needed repalcing, so I have had this done and also fitted a full set of new tyres. The clunk is still there! The insurance company now would like the truck to go into Toyota for a three hour strip down starting with the front passenger side wheel and working back. If this also comes back as be inconclusive or not part of the accident then I will have to pick up the cost of just under £400, OUCH! . Any idears are wellcome. THX.

Sounds like the protective covers have come of the "bump stops" there are 2 on each front wheel, and only make contact on full lock. It's a common problem with Hilux's.. Use spray grease, on all four should stop it .

I have to do mine every 4-6 months

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links