Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso 2.2 D4D Sr Out - Yaris 1.8 Sr In!

cabcurtains

After looking at every model in the range we (oddly) decided on a Yaris, 1.8SR 5dr in such a small car is a really good combo its showing 40MPG on the way home. The Car is like new with only 10,000 miles on the clock, 1 owner, FTSH, am well chuffed. One of those snap decisions, got a superb deal PX-ing the 80k Verso.

Old Girl

P1000635-1.jpg

Salesman

P1000637.jpg

New Little Red Mobile

P1000636-1.jpg

Heading Home

P1000639.jpg

Had to screw this on, yes i am a child at heart

P1000640.jpg

I've always thought the 1.8 SR was under rated.

Do still pop into the Verso forum as it's so quiet over there! :thumbsup:

I she's a lovely little motor, a bit buzzy on the motorway but other than that, no complaints. Drives like a Mini compared with the Avensis and Verso, still got a knee airbag and climate, keyless etc etc.

I'm all over TOC like a rash or bad smell, whether i'm invited or not :D ;)

Enjoy your Yaris. You made a good choice :) and I really like the colour.

I wont really ever drive it, but the Mrs seems to like it which is good!

I do like the LEDS, they are my favourite bit, fingers crossed the fuel computer is reasonably correct as the figures look good.

If this almost new petrol Toyota isnt faultless i will be very unhappy, seeing as i tell anyone who listens petrol japanese cars are trouble free!

I'm sure it will be trouble free mate. I've had mine 3 years and touch wood and all that without jinxing myself lol! :)

Mine does between 35-38mpg mainly round tow. On a run I have achieved 48mpg so not bad for a petrol.

Yep, I liked the LEDs too but my main reason was to get rid of a poorly built Skoda Fabia vRS for a well built jap car! :)

After looking at every model in the range we (oddly) decided on a Yaris, 1.8SR 5dr in such a small car is a really good combo its showing 40MPG on the way home. The Car is like new with only 10,000 miles on the clock, 1 owner, FTSH, am well chuffed. One of those snap decisions, got a superb deal PX-ing the 80k Verso.

Old Girl

P1000635-1.jpg

Salesman

P1000637.jpg

New Little Red Mobile

P1000636-1.jpg

Heading Home

P1000639.jpg

Had to screw this on, yes i am a child at heart

P1000640.jpg

Good chioce man you will not be disappointed, I still cant believe how well it does on fuel givenn the power of it. Does the new air filter do much for it? I would be interested in fitting one maybe.

The filter gives a few more ponies and makes it a drive a little better, personally i just like the noise!

On this car the noise depends very much on throttle position, on a light throttle you get no real change but when you floor it she roars!

I've had these on all my cars where possible.

• 2 weeks later...

The filter gives a few more ponies and makes it a drive a little better, personally i just like the noise!

On this car the noise depends very much on throttle position, on a light throttle you get no real change but when you floor it she roars!

I've had these on all my cars where possible.

Ooooh im interested now, pardon my ingnorance please but is this like a one size fits all part or is there one that owrks best on the yaris? also are they easy to fit?

Its a specific part for the car (K&N Cold Air Intake Kit 69-8615TS SCION xD 1.8i 08-09), its about 30 mins to fit with basic tools, only issue might be the £243 which is steep, but i dont care!

Thats not too bad, i was asking a friend of mine and he was saying he might have one one around that he had on a car of his but if not its a small price to pay for a big smile. :)

There's a little vid here, not from me though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links