Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Radio Antenna

PuervesGrundy

Hi,

I've a simple question for you all and posted here seeing as it's the place where I am most likely to get a response.

Would anybody know if a used radio antenna from a scrap Mk1 Yaris would be compatible with another car?

I had a sunroof leak recently (now fixed thankfully) and in a bad weather period rain water leaked in and I now I have no reception. Seeing as the antenna is located inside the roof, I am nearly certain this is the part that was damaged.

I would be grateful for any info people could give me.

Thanks.

there are the sharks fin antenna available that fix over the base of the original aerial but it has to be connected to the aerial cable.

Not sure how thats done.

these shark come in a wide range of prices starting fairly cheap to very expensive ones

there are the sharks fin antenna available that fix over the base of the original aerial but it has to be connected to the aerial cable.

Not sure how thats done.

these shark come in a wide range of prices starting fairly cheap to very expensive ones

I probably didn't make myself clear.

It's the internal antenna, not the aerial that you physically see on the roof. The part that the physical aerial connects to inside the roof is damaged.

Sounds like a part your roof lining will have to be removed.

Not sure where on the roof the aerial is on a Yaris is,suppose its the same as my Auris,at the rear of the roof. cars that have the aerial at the front of the roof you can get at them from behind things like cabin light or the small storage comparment for glasses etc in the roof.but there is no option for like this for a rear mounted aerial.

If you put your first posting on the Yaris forum then other Yaris owners may be able to advise.

Good luck with this.

Sounds like a part your roof lining will have to be removed.

Not sure where on the roof the aerial is on a Yaris is,suppose its the same as my Auris,at the rear of the roof. cars that have the aerial at the front of the roof you can get at them from behind things like cabin light or the small storage comparment for glasses etc in the roof.but there is no option for like this for a rear mounted aerial.

If you put your first posting on the Yaris forum then other Yaris owners may be able to advise.

Good luck with this.

Okay, thank you for your help anyway.

I did post in the Yaris forums but have not got much of a response except that a brand new part would be expensive. What I'm trying to find out is whether a used part can be fitted.

If the used part is good codition the answer would be yes.

They are all 75 Ohm aerials - the main differences are the design of the aerial stalk, the clamp/fixing and the length of cable and termination (plug). That last bit is worth looking at - there are two common types.

It sounds like you think the clamp part under the aerial on yours is damaged, but unless there is a lot of corrosion it's perhaps more likely water has got into the coaxial cable and is shorting it out.

Whatever, almost any roof type car aerial should fit, even if you have to get an extension lead for it, so if you have something to hand give it a try.

If the used part is good codition the answer would be yes.

Great, thank you.

They are all 75 Ohm aerials - the main differences are the design of the aerial stalk, the clamp/fixing and the length of cable and termination (plug). That last bit is worth looking at - there are two common types.

It sounds like you think the clamp part under the aerial on yours is damaged, but unless there is a lot of corrosion it's perhaps more likely water has got into the coaxial cable and is shorting it out.

Whatever, almost any roof type car aerial should fit, even if you have to get an extension lead for it, so if you have something to hand give it a try.

Thank you for that helpful post.

I am going to do some further investigation now based on what you have told me.

You can also get antenna cable from halfrauds.

You can also get antenna cable from halfrauds.

Good to know, thanks.