Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Starting Or 'normal' Starting

stu_cole

No need for sarcasim .unfortunatly not all dealers are v gud at keeping up to date with this info .ive noticed it seems to be more in the uk .

just stating a point that u made in another post that they are all up to date did u not say that maybe I need glasses lol eat your words

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stu_cole

• toyota diag tech 1

• cabcurtains

• dc2411

I said all dealers have access to this info and equiptment doesnt mean they can all use it.i know my dealership can .its the same with independent guys they can have all the diagnostic equiptment they want, without a guy having relevant know how /experience and drive the car aint gonna get fixed.

Hi Kev - I had an update this afternoon from Mr T Peterborough that they were going to fit the modified suction control valve - the ECU was flashed on a previous visit to Mr T in Leicester and they didn't know about the modified SCV and refused to carry out any further diagnostic work that's why it ended up in Peterborough

It's all a bit political with regards to speaking to Mr T directly as the Honda dealer who I bought the car from is handling the repairs (with the supplied RAC Warranty) and I don't want to step on anyones toes

You mentioned the modified suction valve on a previous page - so all good advice - Thanks

IF it still doesn't clear the fault i'm guessing the next stage is injectors?

Yep and there is a set of step 2 injectors (modified ) to be fitted has anyone checked your tank unit for contamintion? Can you find out wot the cid number of the reflash installed was and i will let u know if it is the latest lets hope this dealer is better than the last

Hi Kev - thanks for your input - it's quite enlightening

I'm not going to be much help on this - don't know whether the tank has been checked but could you educate me and what 'contamination' may be?

Checked the invoice and there is no note on what the CID number was - as this was only done mid feb I would hope it was the latest version

This is what Mr T in Leicester put on the invoice

"Poor starting on cold mornings - cranks over for 15 sec before start.

Customer supplied video / printed evidence to confirm fault.

Test - read fault codes - no codes. Check for ECU software up-grade

Carry out download as req. Morning test. Started correctly - Report

Carried Out independent tests for starting when cold - okay"

Contamination can be anything foreign youd be surprised wot we find blocking the gauze nowadays .this leads to the pump struggling to suck fuel at cranking speed causing hard starting also it can contaminate the fuel system scv pump and injectors .the latest software depends on who picked the it .it is possible that they didnt install them to refer to tsb eg 0108t 1211

Contamination can be anything foreign youd be surprised wot we find blocking the gauze nowadays .this leads to the pump struggling to suck fuel at cranking speed causing hard starting also it can contaminate the fuel system scv pump and injectors .the latest software depends on who picked the it .it is possible that they didnt install them to refer to tsb eg 0108t 1211

Sounds like one of the injectors is faulty which is dumping the fuel back into the tank did the dealer do any injector testing. Leak over test or spray quality testing . They should be able to do a live reading of the injection quality with diagnostics

Yep could very well be an injector leaking off under initial cranking causing a drop in rail pressure but the feedback value for each cylinder and overall inj volume and target and actual fuel pressure can be seen on a snapshot while cranking this reflash ups the target rail pressure while cranking to eliminate a problem occuring if an injector sticks momentarily or the scv .the modified parts all have had the sliding performance improved to prevent this .and there is no point replacing any expensive parts if there is contamination in the fuel

Update:- It looks like cleaning / replacing the EGR and SCV seemed to have done the trick - car started this morning at +3 with no signs of a stutter - I will continue with the 'starting log' and update this posting in a week or so

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - car continues to start normally - looks like the work done by Mr T in Peterborough has worked - shame Mr T is Leicester didn't wan't to help with diagnosis

post-117057-0-84395800-1337637440_thumb.