Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cabin Noise And Brake Booster

PS123

My 2007 2.0 D-4D Auris is giving me trouble.

Whilst driving, I have noticed that there is some noise coming through into the cabin from the Dashboard. It's hard to describe but a technician from the Toyota dealership advised that this was "normal" and it was the noise from the brake booster, which sits just behind the dashboard.

It doesn't sound as though that this noise is "normal" since I can hear it when the car is stationary or in motion. The noise disappears as soon as my foot is placed on the brake pedal.

I have driven lots of cars and I have never heard such noise before, especially from within the cabin space.

Is this normal? Apparently this noise comes from all Auris' (even the new ones). Any advice here is appreciated.

Thanks.

I certainly dont get odd noises from the car. The Auris is noisy but its usually road or engine noise- no odd noises, and certainly none that disappear when you brake.

I have the same car same age as yours.

see if you can find the noise, car stopped and the bonnet up?

try using the brakes or get someone to work the brake while you listen?

The only time I really notice the noise is starting when very cold, after that no real noticeable noise.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I have got exactly the same noise as described and can be heard only inside the car with all windows closed. My car has 50 K on the clock. I have noticed that when I turn off the engine the noise slowly disappears in 5 seconds. Did someone found the reason for the noise ? Is it normal or due to some air/vacuum leak ?

I had an Audi with cruise control that had vacuum pipes going to the top of the clutch pedal to allow it to disengage when the clutch pedal was used. Don't know if it's the same type of system but the Audi ones can leak. Maybe it vents when ignition is turned off??

I had a similar noise in my 2010 SR, it stopped when my wife pressed the fan OFF button, did she look smug after discovering that! :clap:

Hi,

The noise disappears only when the brake pedal is pressed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links