Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 T27 Towbar Electrics

cflemi18

Hi Folks,

I have fitted a towabr and was told that I required to fit the AEU7R/ TEB7AS bypass relay. I have an engineering background however I have two questions in relation to fitting this.

1. What side of the car do you have to wire it to (Nearside, or offside (Driver side))?

2. Where is the best place to get a 12v supply from? Do you have to run a wire from the front of the car Battery?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Colin

Model is a T27 saloon D4D

When I did mine I ordered the Toyota Genuine wiring harness went for the 13pin one so it came complete no cutting to do everything runs down the passanger side

When I did mine I ordered the Toyota Genuine wiring harness went for the 13pin one so it came complete no cutting to do everything runs down the passanger side

Hi Martin,

So you took it all the way down to the fuse box? How easy was that?

Hi Colin

It was quite easy the trims are straight forward to get off etc Dont get me wrong the idea of fitting the towbar my self saved me couple of hundred pound even after buying the genuine toyota wiring.

The only issue I had was with the connection of the Perm live from the Battery which turns out theres one in the fuse box behind the glovebox so I used that instead. I used followed the guide as found here:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=2

Just dont go by the fitting time it says on it ;) im glad I opted for detachable towbar as everything is out of sight when not using it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Colin

It was quite easy the trims are straight forward to get off etc Dont get me wrong the idea of fitting the towbar my self saved me couple of hundred pound even after buying the genuine toyota wiring.

The only issue I had was with the connection of the Perm live from the battery which turns out theres one in the fuse box behind the glovebox so I used that instead. I used followed the guide as found here:

http://www.toyota-te...=AIM&menuitem=2

Just dont go by the fitting time it says on it ;) im glad I opted for detachable towbar as everything is out of sight when not using it

Hi Martin,

It turned out to be a very easy job, I agree that all the trims came off easy (I also fitted a detachable, much better). For those who are going to attempt this the cheap way (like I did .i.e. Not using the harness) All i did was fiddle a wire through the grommet on the bulkhead for the live feed (and fused it).

A piece of cake.

Cheers

Colin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links