Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rave 4 Spark Plug Tubes Removal

Barrie Tyrer

I have a 1998 Rav 4 one of the spark plugs blew out, this was repaired badly by a garage using a heli coil, this has now failed and come out.

I am planning to try and fit an insert, can anyone advise if it is possible to remove (and then refit) the spark plug tube to give better access.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Barrie and a big welcome to the club.

As you say a right bodge up of a job as usually these replacement thread coils being steel are stronger the the original ally threads.

Do you have the insert and tap to replace the oversize thread that was cut when the coil was so called fitted ?

I am not sure if it is such a good idea to try and do this in situ due to the chance of any swarf falling into the engine.

This is in no way calling into question your abilities,matie,just trying to help.

Hope to see you in the Rav section,where you will reap mucho info

Del

Thanks looking at options have now also posted in the Rav 4 section. A lot of the swarf problem can be solved by covering drills and taps with grease, and by attaching a length of hoze or tube to a vac.

However doubt this is possible if the tube cannot be removed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links