Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Fluid

AygoIronman

Good evening folks. Anyone know how much in millitres how much brake fluid is required for an oil change?

Reason why I ask is I ve seen 5 Dot brake fluid for sale at 500ml. How many ms`s do I need? See attached:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415f328af3

1 bottle should do the trick! But at that price I'd buy 2 of them! are you doing the brake bleed yourself? our owners manuel should help with capacities...

Hey! Thanks Mistermena. Not sure where to check about capacities so thought I d ask on here. Im not sure 500ml will do. Thats just a size of a plastic coke bottle. Im sure I ll need some more for the pipes, and fluid reservoir too.

Im not sure how to bleed pipes but if anyone knows or have diagrams, then please send me them. :D

Iys a really easy job to do... You can even buy a "One Man" ezzie bleed kit that works off the pressure of a spare wheel. But a 2 man job is just as good. Just start from the rear of the car and work to the front. Take a look at the Haynes manuel (If there is one) and go from there...

Good luck with it :-)

Bear in mind that you won't just be replacing what's in the system - you'll put a fair bit more through while bleeding the air out, which should also flush out any remaining old fluid. And if without prior experience you'll likely waste some in the process (eg. have to bleed again as brakes are still spongy). So, as Mistermena says I'd get a litre to be 'safe' - it's not something you want to be running out of before the job's well done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links