Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Key

janzbro

hi all,

just got my new (to me) 2004 Rav4 but have discovered one of the keys has been broken and glued back together - its the 2 button type - opens the doors ok but doesnt disarm the alarm - can I get a replacement and how do I get it coded (not at toyota if possible as it will cost a fortune) the keys have a little metal tag with them with some numbers stamped in it - what it this?

Look on eBay and find a spare key that is uncut for about a fiver! Here is a link... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-button-remote-key-blank-suitable-Toyota-avensis-/120856679572?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D120840288567%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6624601387999489654 Or get a second hand one and take the gubbins out of the broken key and use it in cut or uncut key. There are posts on here on how to reprograme them or on youtube mate. The tag is the key code number so keep that safe, this is if you want to buy a new key from Toyota that usually costs a small fortune.

Forum member "Kingo" can give you a price for a genuine Toyota replacememt key, so could drop him a PM...

cant get the internal electronics out as superglued - pobbley broken the internals when snapped as dont work

I'll have a go at getting them out as its no use at the moment anyhow

Just been through this exact excercise, see the post below . I ended up buying a couple of keys before I found one exactly the same quality as Toyota. (see the last entry in post for pics)

http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=133430

You should be able to cut the electronic module out of the old key if you take your time.

Alternatively the vendor that I bought the best key off does a Key restoration service. It might be worth contacting him to determine if he can remove your old module and rebuild the key.