Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keeping My Auris Sr Clean

Hoof Hearted

I must admit that my Auris Sr is the most difficult vehicle to keep clean I have ever owned.

It's unbelievable. The roads outside merely have to be damp to have crap deposit itself on the rear window. The road being anything other than bone dry, my Auris is filthy.

The car looks fantastic outside my garage - when it is clean.

Everbody I know relies on BBC Weather or Accuweather to predict if it is going to rain tomorrow. I don't. I just have wash my Auris to make it rain

Generally speaking it is guaranteed that it will rain within 48 hours of my cleaning it.

This Saturday (Saturday 25th February 2012) I considered washing my Auris SR. The back is filthy as usual. It's difficult to park the car because I can't see too well out of the back window because it is covered in ******* except fpr where it has been cleared by the rear window wiper. I decided not to both because I just know that it will rain really soon. But It will put it through the car wash Monday if it is still sunny.

Today is Monday.

Guess what? Yep it raining again. Nothing about this on the TV. Just saved myself money and efforst not bothering to wash my Auris.

This is intolerable.

If I ask my Dealer to add mad flap when it come to my vehicles first service will this will stop my Auris SR from getting so dirty so quickly?

If I ask my Dealer to add mad flap when it come to my vehicles first service will this will stop my Auris SR from getting so dirty so quickly?

Probably not, theres only 1 sure way....................... leave it in the garage :lol:

I think you should wash it every day - that way it may rain and you could help to ease the water shortage in the Southeast. :thumbsup:

Hi Hoof Hearted

I've noticed the same problem too...within 2 days my car becomes filthy (rain or no rain) and it's the same with the rear window.

Luckily I have reversing sensors otherwise it could be a potential nightmare watching out for shoppers coming out from supermarkets who decide to cross behind my car even though they KNOW I am reversing! Some common sense wouldn't hurt anyone!

Auris is so baad car so bad.... it becomes even more filthy than others, so bad

Same with me. Washed my precious Auris using the two bucket method, (as your supposed to do) lovingly cleaned the windows and then sprayed the tyres to look like new. The wife goes out in it on Monday afternoon and of course it rains. Comes back looking like she has driven through a field. Am I bothered, upset, disheartened, YES.

I too am thinking about mud flaps from E.Bay rather than having to get a second mortgage to ask a dealer to do it. Have heard there is a product that when sprayed on the glass makes the rain dissipate so no more muck. Must try Halfords.

If someone buys a hatchback for the first time after owning saloons they get a shock how the rear of the car soon gets mucky.

My wifes litle hyundai is very flat at the back of it and being a very bright yellow it soon shows the dirt,but on the plus side its easy found in the supermarket car park.

• Like 1

Yeah, what is it with this rain stuff? With its supercomputers, the Met Office struggles to predict rain any more than a day or so ahead. I've just got to think about cleanning my car and it rains the next day (well, usually within a day or three).

Still it's good to know I'm not the only person like this. There was a report on TV saying the water companies are panicking because we haven't had enough rain. ****** down the very next day and for some days after that. You gotta laugh.

So its the shape of the car that's doing it? That figures. I was wondering if it was the roof spoiler.

Just have to put up with it I suppose. I don't mind. It's a nice car.

Same with me. Washed my precious Auris using the two bucket method, (as your supposed to do) lovingly cleaned the windows and then sprayed the tyres to look like new. The wife goes out in it on Monday afternoon and of course it rains. Comes back looking like she has driven through a field. Am I bothered, upset, disheartened, YES.

I too am thinking about mud flaps from E.Bay rather than having to get a second mortgage to ask a dealer to do it. Have heard there is a product that when sprayed on the glass makes the rain dissipate so no more muck. Must try Halfords.

Are they easy to fit oneself?

Hi Hoof Hearted

.... shoppers coming out from supermarkets who decide to cross behind my car even though they KNOW I am reversing! Some common sense wouldn't hurt anyone!

My dad (78) notices this too. Drives him scatty. LOL

I believe they are easy to fit, they just bolt on, but make sure you get the right ones for your model year.

Then again, my attempts to fit a new brake light bulb took most of the day after reading the ever helpful handbook. I await with trepidation , probably finish up with the back bumper hanging off !

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Okay. A couple of months ago Toyota bent my arm and I "upgraded" from an Icon to the Excel. So, had I paid the £125 to have the mud flaps retro-fitted, I may not have got the use out of them. But that is neither here nor there right now.

In the Showroom, I was able to specifiy the "Protection Pack" amongst my options that, amongst other things, means the vehicle came with the said mud flaps.

Turned out to be a good choice. Now, when there is or has recently been rain, the crap on the rear window builds up far more slowly. The rear view camera doesn't get filthy after only a short journey anymore. So now it is useful even after a rain soaked journey.

The rear of the car still gets dirty over time of course. But nothing near as quickly as Icon did.

The bad news is, it's been chucking it down like crazy over the last couple of weeks so my Auris looks like a mud ball on wheels. Just like every other car on the road in the UK right now I guess. Nevertheless the rear camera gets nowhere near as badly messed up as it would have done if I still had my previous Auris. Just takes a quick wipe with a damp kitchen towel every now and then. I find doing this after loading shopping at the supermarket is as good a time as any with my Excel, rather than every time I got out of the car with my last Auris.

So, overall, I'm now a fan of the 'Protection Pack' An option on the Icon at point of purchase too, I believe.

I thought I would share my experience with you. It might just help someone.

• Like 1