Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Diesel Additive Is Best ?

rambler

This subject has been covered so many times its just boring now so I will leave You boys to have fun :meet:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• local hero

• rambler

Survey after survey shows that vitamins are no use for most people.

yet 90% of Scots have vitamin D deficiency which is linked to a prevalence of certain diseases in Scotland.

So whilst all vitamin supplements (I guess that you forgot to type that as vitamins are of use to 100% of people ;) :P ) may not be of use specific ones may be - same with additives.

I have been reliably informed that one called Archoil 6200 for fuel and Archoil 9100 for oil is the way to go, The 6200 is added in small amounts to every fill up so offers permanant protection and will make ANY fuel better than V power etc..You will have to order it though as its not readilly available....Stew

Back on topic, I`m looking forward to trying Archoil 6200 when it becomes available in the UK ;)

Right! well as theres been so much talk about cheap fuel, and additives, i took the trouble to email a company called power enhancer that some on here are buying their BG244 from and asked for their advice on fuel additives V power etc.. and their managing director sent me the following email, and we had a lengthy chat on the phone the next day.....

Which counts in my book as excellent service, anyway we discussed the merits of various additives and the differences between fuels, and i am not going to discuss what his thoughts were for the same reason he declined to come on this forum, "there are too many doubters and experts with little knowledge who want to argue with anything i say" His reccomendation was this Archoil 6200, which he offered to send me a free sample of to try, It will be for sale in this country in the next couple of weeks and has been evaluated here, and used in the usa (Google Archoil 6200) I am going to try it in my cab and also my Rav when it is available.. :thumbsup: Stew

Hi Stewart,

Apologies for the delay. I would recommend Archoil AR6200 for the fuel and AR9100 for the oil. I will call you tomorrow to discuss.

Kind regards,

A*** A*****

Managing Director

I can't believe I'm reading this! There has been so much recently posted on this subject here, surely we don't need to open yet another new discussion on it.

Try a search for

- Wynn's

- Millers

- Fuel quality

- Cetane

for a start.

Roll-on some helpful topic categories!

Slightly impatiently,

Chris

Hi Chris

Its not very easy. I could start some new pinned sub headers but we/I can't do anything with the threads up to date.

I have also been asked to tidy up the pinned stuff but that isn't easy either unless Steve could sort it out???

BG 244 ordered ! ......thank you for the link Scott.

I liked the very first thing it mentioned in the ' benefits '

Can help with ' hesitation & flat spots ',thats exactly whats happening with mine.

So despite CF getting bored of my thread ,i get possibly the answer i needed without spending hrs trawling for info.....all it takes is one useful reply.

With the usual superb help from members like you......cheers

I am currently working BG244 through my SR180 (down to quarter tank). I think it is a bit quieter and smoother!....and now with the dreaded support rings removed the ride feels smoother too!

Smoothness all around!!!!

In order to establish what's what with some of the diesel additives out there, I have this morning asked for MSDS sheets for both BG244 and Archoil 6200. Hopefully, these will tell us what the ingredients are.

I already have (and have posted) the information for the Miller's and Wynn's products, and we'll be able to make a comparison.

The ingredients of these products all seem to aim at:

- improved lubricity (lacking in low-sulphur fuels)

- increased cetane value (a problem with budget fuels)

- system cleaning

- more complete combustion (less smoke).

Let's get the information, research further, and put the guesswork and sometimes wild opinion to bed.

Chris

Let's get the information, research further, and put the guesswork and sometimes wild opinion to bed.

Your missing the point slightly Chris, many of us have successfully used these products and already have the `proof`of the effectiveness of diesel additives .

So in effect all your research would potentially do is to try and enlighten/convert those who already find the subject `boring`. :huh: :huh:

Well I for one would be very interested in whats put in these diesel additives. As most say Naphta, which is basically petrol :D

It would be good to have a definitive answer.

Bring on the msds sheets what ever they are :D

It would be great to see one for super fuels too.

BG 244 ordered ! ......thank you for the link Scott. I liked the very first thing it mentioned in the ' benefits ' Can help with ' hesitation & flat spots ',thats exactly whats happening with mine. So despite CF getting bored of my thread ,i get possibly the answer i needed without spending hrs trawling for info.....all it takes is one useful reply. With the usual superb help from members like you......cheers

Very pleased you have had your question answered, for the benefit of those on the forum who aren`t bored or taking the p1ss will you tell us how you get on;)

In order to establish what's what with some of the diesel additives out there, I have this morning asked for MSDS sheets for both BG244 and Archoil 6200. Hopefully, these will tell us what the ingredients are.

While you are gathering info could you also find out:

The Secret Coca-Cola Recipe, KFCs Secret Coating and my local Chinese's curry sauce recipe?

Sorry for being skeptical, but will these companies really just send you the kind of details that will allow the competition to just go and replicate their products? (and if it is a question of patent protection, patent or no patent, that becomes irrelevant in places like China where everything is ripped off)

Looks like the superior star enhanced members vs the inferior regulars :o

Who will win the war?

For the avoidance of doubt, sincere sarcasm intended :fear:

Well, what is the chance of a company developing a product - any product - that they are promoting as superior to the competition and then providing its detailed composition beyond some kind of legal minimum disclosure?

It is all smoke and mirrors for all these products as far as anyone being able to categorically state the one is better then the other and they all claim to have the "magic bullet" ingredient.

But hey, you never know! Could get lucky :)

Sorry for being skeptical, but will these companies really just send you the kind of details...

Hoovie,

The provision of MSDS sheets is a legal requirement for any company selling industrial products. In addition to Health & Safety information (spillage, skin contact, ingestion, disposal, etc.), they must also state their ingredients.

The Wynn's and Miller's sheets do just that (with the exception of one ingredient on the Miller's product). Check it out for yourself on their websites.

You're missing the point slightly Chris, many of us have successfully used these products and already have the `proof`of the effectiveness of diesel additives .

So in effect all your research would potentially do is to try and enlighten/convert those who already find the subject `boring`.

Dave,

You could well be right. Personally, I don't need any convincing about some of these additives, having used a couple of them for years, and to good effect.

I'm not interested in converting anyone, but if someone asks - as they do - what might be done about lack of power, stuttering, smoky running, or indifferent running on cheap fuels, then there is something useful they can try here.

For those who find the subject boring, then the best thing they can do is "stay off the airwaves", and leave the rest of us to it.

Chris

Sorry for being skeptical, but will these companies really just send you the kind of details... Hoovie, The provision of MSDS sheets is a legal requirement for any company selling industrial products. In addition to Health & Safety information (spillage, skin contact, ingestion, disposal, etc.), they must also state their ingredients. The Wynn's and Miller's sheets do just that (with the exception of one ingredient on the Miller's product). Check it out for yourself on their websites. You're missing the point slightly Chris, many of us have successfully used these products and already have the `proof`of the effectiveness of diesel additives . So in effect all your research would potentially do is to try and enlighten/convert those who already find the subject `boring`. Dave, You could well be right. Personally, I don't need any convincing about some of these additives, having used a couple of them for years, and to good effect. I'm not interested in converting anyone, but if someone asks - as they do - what might be done about lack of power, stuttering, smoky running, or indifferent running on cheap fuels, then there is something useful they can try here. For those who find the subject boring, then the best thing they can do is "stay off the airwaves", and leave the rest of us to it. Chris

Yeah its pretty obvious you would think Chris ;)

The OP wanted answers to a legitimate question, he wasn`t asking for a debate (the post title says it all) then the whole thread gets derailed by people who aren`t interested. :huh:

For all those with money to spare on ridiculous additives I have a great idea.....

Sponsor SCHM !!!

I have today spent a day with a very close and old Friend of some 38 years.. He is in the final stages of life... I had to go outside a couple of times and I'm not ashamed to admit I was close to tears ... Cancer is possibly the cruellest element that You or I will ever encounter !!

So there's a plan ??? Please at least think about it.. You could spend a tenner on something that may or may not give Your car a boost that is so small no tester has ever been able to detect it.....

Or You could put Your weight behind a very worth cause indeed ??

For all those with money to spare on ridiculous additives I have a great idea..... Sponsor SCHM !!! I have today spent a day with a very close and old Friend of some 38 years.. He is in the final stages of life... I had to go outside a couple of times and I'm not ashamed to admit I was close to tears ... Cancer is possibly the cruellest element that You or I will ever encounter !! So there's a plan ??? Please at least think about it.. You could spend a tenner on something that may or may not give Your car a boost that is so small no tester has ever been able to detect it..... Or You could put Your weight behind a very worth cause indeed ??

Asking people to donate to any charity is very noble, but this is simply in the wrong context.

I am very sorry to hear about your good friend mate! I know how it is to have some one close to you that has cancer. My mother has skin cancer and had to have half of her nose removed and is still dealing with it! Thats why I came home to Cardiff on the behest of my farther to help look after her, as he's 80 and my ma is 74 and both disabled. I have a D/D set up to surport a cancer charity in a small hope that my contribution might help someone at some point...

For all those with money to spare on ridiculous additives I have a great idea..... Sponsor SCHM !!! I have today spent a day with a very close and old Friend of some 38 years.. He is in the final stages of life... I had to go outside a couple of times and I'm not ashamed to admit I was close to tears ... Cancer is possibly the cruellest element that You or I will ever encounter !! So there's a plan ??? Please at least think about it.. You could spend a tenner on something that may or may not give Your car a boost that is so small no tester has ever been able to detect it..... Or You could put Your weight behind a very worth cause indeed ??

Asking people to donate to any charity is very noble, but this is simply in the wrong context.

Not to Me it aint !!