Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Exhaust

mathpac

Hey guys, just thought I'd see if you could help me out a little here.

Right, so to start with the compressor needed a new exhaust :/ around £800 - £900 from Toyota! So f**k that for starters. So decided to get a S/Steel system made from Elite Bodyworx in Hull, saw a bit of their work and felt confident that they'd do a good job. £380 the guy said.

Bargain!

But now..... Arghhhhhh!!!! The thing is SOOO loud I can hardly hear my self think when I'm driving it :(

It's a Powerflow box on both sides, and I even payed another £60 to put a silencer on....that didn't help either.

I also hear a leaking noise coming from the front ( I'm guessing around the manifold area?) could this result in the whole exhaust being louder? Or is it just the tips on the backbox doing it??

Seriously it vibrates the car when ur doing about 70 mph on the motorway! :(

Any help would be great guys! ;)

If I'm right there was a post up a while back on this and there is two ways of doing the comp exhaust a split from the middle into two boxes or a s/s version of the original setup but with the extra box? Might be wrong though.

Mine is a straight from the Cat , into a 'small' silencer , then split into two pipes, and a slim powerflow box on each side. Was thinking it could be the exhaust tips ? I've seen other comps have tips with silencer's in them, am I right ? :huh:

Had mine custom made and had same issue took it straight back it was deafening .ended up with a box in the middle and two boxes a t the back it spot on now .take it back and get them to sort it.

When u say put a box in the middle...u mean a silencer right? If I can get underneath it soon I'll take a photo and show you what I have, or if you've got a photo of yours I could compare it to??

the middle box is a silencer and the back two boxes are as well