Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Engine Start Up...need Reassurance.

sassykat

Hi, Ive just bought a 2007 aygo black today and im already having to ask questions!

When turning the key to start the car the engine makes a properly rough sound (like gruuuummmmmmm!)sort of like when I used to turn over my ancient renault 5 in 1997 (!) then goes quiet and runs fine. I dont think it was like this when I test drove it as I would have asked the garage but before going back to them I just wanted to know what everyone else's aygo sounds like when starting up.

Ive had a Ford Ka for the past 8 years which had a really quiet start up as long as you depressed the clutch when turning the key...are there any "tricks" i need to know or do I have a doozey??

Also when standing in front of the bonnet while its running, it ticks really quickly. I'm honestly completely crap at knowing whats right,but im totally willing to learn....all help greatfully received.....should I take it back,or am i being too paranoid?

when i start my Aygo up it gives a nice sort of humming sound before she settles down to idle but never any mechanical problems with her ever

Hi, thanks for replying. I checked out my friends 107 and discovered her engine makes the same noise so we're going with the fact its probably normal! women eh?! Drove really well today although the steering is so light i keep over doing it....bends are getting to be fun. thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links