Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Prius Now In Showrooms - Pics

Habu

...well in my local centre. I've taken a couple of shots to give you a brief (and grainy) idea of some changes. The changes are minor but enough to stand out, especially the back end with those rear lights. Inside it's very black indeed. The dash material still feels like the same old plastic :( Lights were auto and there's no dual zone climate that I could see. I didn't get the thing powered up so I couldn't see if the door mirrors are auto fold. Likewise, couldn't see how the head unit looked. Must go back again.

new tail lamps

6944037331_7612fa51ac_b.jpg

Untitled by Brutus_Cleo63, on Flickr

Tail lamps lit up - sweet :)

6797919448_52f684940c_b.jpg

New nose with DRLs, larger (and black) mouth with repositioned front fogs

6944036789_07690bde12_b.jpg

LEDs (on TS anyway). Note the great sweeping side light :)

6944032399_68dec21229_b.jpg

Interior (sorry about the quality). It was actually black with 1/2 leather trim

6944036389_b695a75b2b_b.jpg

Centre console. No sign of dual zone heating. I'll have to go back and get a shot of the thing powered up

6944062981_89452e125d_b.jpg

Nose

6797949568_d190ee3322_b.jpg

Yes it does have folding mirrors now. :thumbsup:

Popped into my local Toyota yesterday and sat in a white T-spirit, as Stompe has pointed out, it has half leather seating (though I'd like to know what kind of animal that leather came from, doesn't feel like real leather to me), the darker plastic dash and especially the glove boxes, has made it look even cheaper imo, still, this is the price of progress I suppose.

I kind of like the look of the newer rear lights, it adds to the Prius's quirkyness, the front nose job does look better too and it now has 'sun protection' glass like some patio doors have.

Why couldn't Toyota have put the USB/MP3 port on the dash next to the radio or centre console, it would have made life a little easier for those of us who don't own Apple products.

All in all, I quite liked it, but I'm waiting to see the Prius + which 'should' be out mid June, along with the plugin Prius, and after a test drive, I'll know what to buy.

Thanks for the pics, Habu.

From the centre console shot, I see Toyota picked up my idea for putting a blob on the ECO button so it could be identified by touch without having to look down at the console.

Remember, you saw it on TOC first...

Wonder if I can claim royalties? :blow:

Being in a LHD country, I'm surprised by the interior shot - Toyota must be one of the few companies who alter the configuration of the gear-change to suit RHD drivers. Most gear-change layouts are the same. Probably because it's a switch rather than a mechanical operation, so fairly easy to do. Must be confusing for people who have to drive both types regularly.

IIRC the Auris Hybrid has a LHD gearstick in a RHD car.

Seems that in Europe, the new 2012 Pri all have tyre repair kit (no spare wheel). Can't see this info anywhere on Toyota UK site.

edit:

However, checking the Toyota FR site, the bottom end of the range does have a spare wheel...

Picked up my 2012 TSpirit today - and while we've not been together very long - on the whole - me likey! :)

New Nav system is an improvement on the old one, but the screen is smaller than the one I had in my 09 Gen 3.

New seats are big improvement, as are the new lights, and loving the folding mirrors.

Couple of things I've not seen picked up elsewhere - the Gen 2 energy monitor is back! Plus the new display panel that shows the ECO bar etc is again a huge improvement.

I've (hopefully) managed to attach a couple of pics.

If anyone has any questions - fire away.

post-80413-0-46114800-1331342460_thumb.j

post-80413-0-69675700-1331342548_thumb.j

So jealous....! But glad you're enjoying it, hopefully pick one up in a couple of years ;-)

Would love to see some more pics

Hmm...

Still can't make my mind up between a 2011 61 TSpirit, or a brand spanking T3. Admittedly, i've not seen a 2012 in the flesh, but posts confirming better seats, plastics, powerfold mirrors as standard, reversing camera etc. lead me to think the only things i'd be missing would be the nav, full keyless entry and 17" wheels. I'm not a fan of the 15" rims on the pre-facelift gen 3, and can't find what the new ones look like anywhere online. Anyone have an idea?

• 1 month later...

Would love to see some more pics

Sorry I've been away on hols and only just picked this thread up again - tell me what you'd like to see or know about the 2012 and I'll do my best :)

I've had a test drive of a 2012 TSpirit for a couple of days last week. The folding mirrors were quite nice, however I would have preferred for them to fold automatically once the car was locked. I park on a busy road, and need the wing mirror to help me see when the coast is clear to open the door, so having to push a switch to fold the mirrors when the car is still on isn't ideal.

I couldn't find any way of folding them after getting out of the car. Not a big deal, but noticeable for me in my circumstances.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links