Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2.0 D4D Mpg

AURISTR01

On a recent trip from Manchester - London

The MPG has picked up suprisingly after the MPG was reset and a fully loaded car with 3 adult passengers.

With a serviced car about 3000 miles ago with new Oil, Fuel, Air filters and a clean MAF sensor and EGR Valve. Using Shell normal diesel the following MPG was taken on a 400 round trip, comparable with most VAG cars, so I thought its worth mentioning a good MPG figure for a change,

See figures below, though have to admit with the recent winter weather it dropped down to 33MPG on local routes using heaters, and lots of stop and go.

Doing around 70MPH motorway

IMG_0647.jpg?t=1330782288

Doing around 50MPH on motorway

IMG_0649.jpg?t=1330782487

On a recent trip from Manchester - London The MPG has picked up suprisingly after the MPG was reset and a fully loaded car with 3 adult passengers. With a serviced car about 3000 miles ago with new Oil, Fuel, Air filters and a clean MAF sensor and EGR Valve. Using Shell normal diesel the following MPG was taken on a 400 round trip, comparable with most VAG cars, so I thought its worth mentioning a good MPG figure for a change, See figures below, though have to admit with the recent winter weather it dropped down to 33MPG on local routes using heaters, and lots of stop and go. Doing around 70MPH motorway IMG_0647.jpg?t=1330782288 Doing around 50MPH on motorway IMG_0649.jpg?t=1330782487

Damn good isn`t it ?

Not unsuprisingly very similar figures to what I`m achieving with the Verso :)

Very good figures mate! very healthy :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

True but nothing to worry was taken by a front passenger stretched out :)

I envy you!

They are really good figures, now if only my 2.0 D-4D could achieve that...

I envy you! They are really good figures, now if only my 2.0 D-4D could achieve that...

The 6 speed box helps ;)

To be honest I'm pretty stunned at those figures - I haven't heard anyone on this forum with an Auris D4-D get more than 50 MPG. My personal best is 43.5 with the 2.2 engine & that was driving like a saint !

Just a quick update if I remember correctly I put in £70 Diesel at £1.41 a litre returned on the trip computer 470 miles so I guess its reasonable with todays fuel prices? Got to London and back from Manchester on one tank with a few extra local miles.

Posted this topic for any person interested in considering purchasing a 2.0 D4D in the future may refer to this forum on a positive note it can be econonmical.

I must admit, In hindsight I should have picked the 2.0 over the 2.2, but i'm always drawn in by the higher spec and more power (A mistake I made when buying a Mondeo).

My SR180 isn't a bad car (far from it) but I would love a bit more economy on a consistent basis, and cheaper associated costs.

My next diesel car will be no bigger than a 2.0.

I think I'd be looking at a BMW 3 series with the 2.0L oil burner bolted in! Very good mpg and 170bhp(Ish) under the right foot! :robot:

Yer I know my mate!... I was bidding on a 335d estate! But to much money!... Now thats one hell of a motor especially with a tunit box on there to have a play with :naughty::driving:

My boss has a brand new 520D tourer. 55mpg, 170(ish)bhp and an 8 speed auto box.

Very smooth and not short of power. Not cheap either (£40k new).

Just a quick update if I remember correctly I put in £70 Diesel at £1.41 a litre returned on the trip computer 470 miles so I guess its reasonable with todays fuel prices? Got to London and back from Manchester on one tank with a few extra local miles.

That would be 42.98 MPG :o

I agree the 55MPG soon dropped after I decided to hit the go pedal, on the way back home. :driving:

I do believe though if I had kept it at a constant 70MPH it would have returned 55MPG but it would have been one hell of a boring journey.

Sometimes its a compromise either economy or drive briskly I know which most of of us prefer.... :ermm:

If the normal pace is 80-85 its a pretty sensible figure :)

If the normal pace is 80-85 its a pretty sensible figure :)

Yeh of course.. :blush:

My fiancée and I drove with the dogs and a fully laden car (The Auris!) from Kent to Beauly (Just north of Inverness) and played a game of switching the average MPG and getting it as high as we could, think we got it reading almost 58MPG which we thought was brilliant (Correction, I did but my mrs didnt care!)

We did just over 1700 miles on 4 tanks and still had some left over to ferry the mrs to work for over a week (2 mile jouney)

That was with the 1.4D and a 5 speed box so revving higher than a 6 speed box.

We did just over 1700 miles on 4 tanks and still had some left over to ferry the mrs to work for over a week (2 mile jouney)

425 miles a tank isnt very good unless the 1.4d has a smaller tank? Or you filled up when it wasnt empty? 3 tanks would be more like it to achieve 50+ MPG.

4 Tanks in my old Passat would do 3000 miles!

We never waited for the fuel light to come on before re-fuelling but considering we still had fuel left over for a week after (And we did about 50 miles before we left for scotland in the coming days) - I didnt think it was bad...but now you've spelt it out a bit more I suppose it's not fantastic lol

I am/was used to high powered petrols so when the dash says AVERAGE 50, as far as I was concerned it was hybrid territory!! lol

Currently getting about 48-49 MPG average mpg from my 2007 50k miles 2.0 D4D

Anyone getting above 50 mpg average?

How do you do it?

How do you do it?

Get onto a motorway and go into boring mode :)

How do you do it?

Get onto a motorway and go into boring mode :)

Avensis 2.0 D4D, 2 miles to motorway, 63 at 65mph on M-Way, 3 miles off motorway, boring as!

P1000622.jpg