Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Full Screen Satnav

joe_rowe

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your informative post's, I think I read every one whilst researching the car before I brought it.

I have just ordered a new Avensis T-Spirit with full screen DVD SATNAV - a difficult choice after reading many of the post's about it, and this is where my questions lie.

- Does anyone know the model number of the system?

- I have seen posts refer to the TNS300 and the TNS300eta am I on the right track here?

- And finally the test vehicle I drove did not have SATNAV but the information screen above the radio, with range, fuel consumption ect. Can I call up this same information Via the SATNAV's screen? A question I should have asked the dealer, but it's bugging me now!!

Thanks for your help, time and all of the information I have gleaned from you all in other posts.

Simon Rowe

Joe, I believe you can, mine is an 2002 model and while I'm using Sat Nav i can press my trip switch and go through range, Ave mpg, mpg and ave mph.

The eta hasn't come up yet but I'm hoping it will when i start to hit slow motorway traffic.

I believe it is the TNS 500, although I could not find a specific model ID in any of the bumff that came with the car, so I could be wrong (I usually am! :( ).

I have a T4 with Full Map Sat Nav and the answer is Yes, you can get the trip information. On the remote, there is an Info button which brings up a screen alowing you to select amongst others, Trip Information.

This shows the usual, Instantaneous Ful Consumption and Average Fuel Consumption and Cruise Range since you last got fuel and Average Speed and Distance travelled since you last started the engine (Which is diferent from what the manual says :blink: )

It does not have ETA, but does have a 'manual' Detour facility, were if you know of an upcoming problem via a traffic report on the radio, you can tell the Sat Nav system to find a detour around it.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

John and CodeWizzard,

Thanks for your replies, that was the information I was trying to find out, you have both been very helpful.

Cheers

Joe Rowe :)

• 3 weeks later...

I drive Avensis 2003 T spirit with full sat Nav. Driving nearly 30K per year the sat nav is absolutley a god send . best thing since sliced bread, once you have the hang of programming it.; but don't let that put you off. Spend a bit of time with the manual..

Simon

If you have the full screen sat nav on your vehicle then it doesn't have a model number like TNS300/TNS500. These models are the accessory units that Toyota offer that you can add to your vehicle after you've bought it (although TNS500 has been discontinued now).

Everything else evyone says about getting the trip informaiton up etc is correct but thought I'd help stop any confusion on the whole TNS issue :unsure:

John

If you have the factory fitte dfull screen navi then I'm afraid you don't have the ETA. This is only available for the TNS300 accessory unit that Toyota sell. :angry:

Jim

• 4 years later...

Hello. Just a quick (maybe stupid) question.

I' ve got a TNS 300 unit in my T Spirit 2004.

Can I upgrade it to full screen (pop up screen , not TNS700), I Believe it's TNS 500?

I can buy cheap pop up screen, do I need to change DVD reader as well?

I understand that I would need a new DVD disc for that screen.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hello. Just a quick (maybe stupid) question.

I' ve got a TNS 300 unit in my T Spirit 2004.

Can I upgrade it to full screen (pop up screen , not TNS700), I Believe it's TNS 500?

I can buy cheap pop up screen, do I need to change DVD reader as well?

I understand that I would need a new DVD disc for that screen.

Thanks

Hi Wilsonik

I have just found your post. Actually i wanted to do the same is there any way i can change my satnav to new model. along with screen. any thoughts plz do share.

my current one is no good anymore.

Hi all,

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

this is the site to go to, it will help identify your Sat-Nav unit.

The TNS300 2004/2005 Ver 2 DVD has been superseded by TNS310(Traffic) Plus Europe.2005/2006 Ver 1 (one DVD) and again by TNS310 (Traffic) Plus Europe 2009/2009 Ver.1, this is now split over three DVD's North. south. East.

If buying S/H Disc's the build numbers are important eg.08927-00971 TNS300 2005/6 one DVD

08927-00981 TNS310 (traffic) Plus 2005/6 one DVD

08927-00984 TNS310 (Traffic) Plus 2008/9 Three DVD's surfix 86271-70W021 North

86271-70W031 South

86271-70W041 East

The Toyota PZ485-TTBEU-09 Update disc TBT DVD supersedes all of the above, but I don't know if it is the same multi disc set

Hope this is of some help,

TonyV5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links