Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Keyless Entry Reprogramming

pablo

PLEASE HELP!. COULD ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME HOW TO REPROGRAMME A

GENUINE TOYOTA REMOTE FOB (PART NO 08191-00880), TO A 1995 N REG 3DR

RAV4, IT HAS AN GENUINE TOYOTA ECU, PART NO ( ) WHICH HAS A BANK OF 6 DIP SWITCHES UNDER A SLIDING COVER AND A SMALL WHITE ADJUSTUNG KNOB ON THE SIDE OF THE ECU . I IMAGINE THERE IS SOME KIND SETTING AND A SET OF BUTTON PRESSES, PLEASE HELP I AM GETTING DESPERATE NOW, IT IS THE WIFES MOTOR !! :help::crybaby:

Does the remote have 1 white button or 2 black buttons?

HI Dub_Boy,

It has two black buttons on the remote fob, i am sure the ecu is an early version,

but it is definately toyota security systems, any help you can give would be good!

If the remote you have has got 2 black buttons, 1 above the other rather than side to side, then remove the screw from the back, seperate the two halfs. 1 half should have the Battery in & the other the circuit board. With the 2 halfs seperated press both buttons a few times(to discharge the remote). Put the remote back together & replace the screw. Now press unlock, lock, unlock & your remote should now work!

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Dub_boy,

Many thanks for your info, I will try it later on , but i dont think i mentioned that i got the remote seperately to the Rav4, so it has never worked with this system, will this make a difference? and do i need the key in the ignition at the on position?

when going through the on /off sequence?.

Sorry to sound a bit vague, and i do appreciate your help!

HI Dub_Boy,

No it didnt work :( I tried it in a variety of ways, inside the rav4 ,outside, with the key in various positions, or no key at all, i did not even get the led in the dash to flash, WHERE AM I GOING WRONG?

Help Please :help:

Dub_Boy

It has two black buttons one above the other as you hold it it your hand.

Lock above unlock and the red led towards the top on the right.

Thanks

Sorry, I havent been back to you pablo. Right here goes,

locate that small button next to the dip switches you talked about.

Turn the ignition on.

Push the little button in until the alarm led comes on.

While the led is on, push both black buttons on the remote at the same time, you should hear a clicking from the ecu.

Hey Presto! your new remote should now be programmed in.

:thumbsup:

Hey Dub_Boy,

Thanks for the info, I will give that a go as soon as i can, tomorrow pm seems likely, i will let you know how i get on, Thanks again .

Pablo :thumbsup:

Hi Dub_Boy

Well i could not get the led to light up, so i completely removed the ecu from behind the dash, it was attached to another box which was very much like the

ecu but it has no buttons or switches, this also has a variety of connections, but

most importantly the main connection has been cut this consists of a red wire and an off red colour (pink) which i unsure as to where they get attached.

Auto electricals GROAN GROAN. :crybaby::crybaby:

PABLO