Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot Brake Test

tatteam

Now that MOT is approaching, I have a concern regarding Brake Test on rollers.

Seen the pinned chapter regarding the issue but,

Is it safe to brake test on rollers using wheel being tested turning forward, whilst the opposite wheel will be turned backwards, thus avoiding the diff and prop shaft to turn.....

Does the wheel speed sensors still try to control the VSC ??

Most garages will use a Tapley Meter if there are any concerns with the transmission. You can always disable the VSC but I'm not sure if reversing the rollers will help. These systems are very clever these days.

Most garages will use a Tapley Meter if there are any concerns with the transmission. You can always disable the VSC but I'm not sure if reversing the rollers will help. These systems are very clever these days.

Thanks mate, better not to take any chances then and desable the VSC.

Up here, a Tapley Meter is a gauge for recording how many times a mate asks you for a loan of £20.00. My first MOT is 27/3, and is being done it my local Mr.T, SO ONE PRESUMES HE KNOWS / HAS A TAPLEY DOODAH FING....?

Big Kev

Up here, a Tapley Meter is a gauge for recording how many times a mate asks you for a loan of £20.00. My first MOT is 27/3, and is being done it my local Mr.T, SO ONE PRESUMES HE KNOWS / HAS A TAPLEY DOODAH FING....?

Big Kev

Big Kev

If he breaks it he can fix it. They will lend you a Ford Ka while they do it.

PS When are you going to pay ME the £20 I lent you???

I'm pretty sure dealerships don't do the actual MOT, they out source it to their local backstreet mot garage :D

Check the address on the MOT certificate :thumbsup:

Big Kev

Big Kev

....when ah get ma dashboard bits back.....

Big Kev

Big Kev

Damn. I have nearly built another SR180 out of the bits I've won off your 2 cars. I suppose you want the steering wheel back too?................................

Big Kev

Big Kev

Damn. I have nearly built another SR180 out of the bits I've won off your 2 cars. I suppose you want the steering wheel back too?................................

....and ma prototype 2AF engine block....

I'm not sure if its normal, but when I've tried to disable the VSC by shorting pin 4 and 12 on the DLC3, several alarms came out including P/S , ABS and VSC were flashing.

Is it normal or better to stay OFF DLC3 shorting out ???

If you are unsure, the brake and handbrake method works quite nicely.

If you are unsure, the brake and handbrake method works quite nicely.

Yes tried that option too, works fine, only VSC flashes.

Thx.

I'm not sure if its normal, but when I've tried to disable the VSC by shorting pin 4 and 12 on the DLC3, several alarms came out including P/S , ABS and VSC were flashing.

Is it normal or better to stay OFF DLC3 shorting out ???

It's normal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links