Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do I Or Don't I?

Tony Barnsley

Ref Winter Tyres, bear in mind that these are not just useful when it snows, but when the temp drops below around 8 degrees, at which point they become a better and safer option then the standard tyres - so up here in Sunny Scotland, that means good for around 5 months of the year.

Ref getting a RAV4, I think the Euro 4/ Euro 5 150BHP 2.2D engine & gearbox has significant improvements compared to the earlier ones, so if you can run to a 2010 (or maybe late 2009? ) model then that could be a good option to consider, though I can understand Charlies POV totally.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• jedi134

• Tony Barnsley

• Hoovie

Ref Winter Tyres, bear in mind that these are not just useful when it snows, but when the temp drops below around 8 degrees, at which point they become a better and safer option then the standard tyres - so up here in Sunny Scotland, that means good for around 5 months of the year.

Ref getting a RAV4, I think the Euro 4/ Euro 5 150BHP 2.2D engine & gearbox has significant improvements compared to the earlier ones, so if you can run to a 2010 (or maybe late 2009? ) model then that could be a good option to consider, though I can understand Charlies POV totally.

I agree that the later 150BHP engines are the ones to go for but having had communication with Dave it seems the budget will not allow one....

I honestly believe that buying a car with the history these diesel engines have if intending to keep the car for 10 Years is not an option.. I would agree with a later 150 engine but NO way an earlier one....

Snow tyres are absolutely brilliant in cold weather and also in the wet !! OK the predicted winter never happened so there was little need this Year. But a play in the snow on winter tyres put a smile on My face..

I chose Vredestien Wintrac Extreme 4s as they have a great reputation and are capable of being used all year round.. My tyres when new had 8.7 mill of tread ( Measured with a Mitchelin tyre gauge). They did around 3800 miles and still have 7.8 mill of tread remaining.. It is usual for a brand new tyre to have 8 mill

RavWinterwheels015.jpg

I'm currently running Kleber Quadraxxers on the front, which will be swapped to the rear next month & Uniroyals on the front. The Klebers are recommended for all-year use & the Rainsports are excellent for the 'warmer' months.

I'm currently running Kleber Quadraxxers on the front, which will be swapped to the rear next month & Uniroyals on the front. The Klebers are recommended for all-year use & the Rainsports are excellent for the 'warmer' months.

Mate You live much farther north than I do ( Near Edinburgh) Have You had much snow up Your way ??

We have had none at all !! I encountered a fair bit of snow in the Midlands and a fall over 2 feet deep over in Cambridge but none on the East coast of Scotland.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links