Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Worth Selling An 08 Plate Auris?

ujamil

So I'm looking to sell my Auris in the coming few weeks. However I'm Slightly unsure whether it is worth selling or not. I got it brand new in 2008 (dad got it for me when I passed). 4 years down the line the value it JUST ABOUT £7k. Only done 27k miles with full service history and well maintained as I am a car freak and I want a Japanese import now :)

But the value has dropped so much I feel as if il feel bad if I sell it :/

Opinions needed guys. What to dooo :'(

Lucky you.. I would research into what your buying next in terms of insurance, parts, running costs as grey imports can be expensive to maintain or run.

Auris will always be loosing value depreciate in time, try selling it private you may get more for it if its in excelleny condition. Traders always give you a low offer as they have to make a profit as well. If your serious give it a valet and shift it ASAP as the new 2012 plates come out soon.

Lucky you.. I would research into what your buying next in terms of insurance, parts, running costs as grey imports can be expensive to maintain or run.

Auris will always be loosing value depreciate in time, try selling it private you may get more for it if its in excelleny condition. Traders always give you a low offer as they have to make a profit as well. If your serious give it a valet and shift it ASAP as the new 2012 plates come out soon.

I've been doing research since a year almost as I couldn't get insured on the car I wanted before as I was 20. Now I'm 21 and can get insured on the Honda Integra DC5. =]

My car is pretty clean as it is, but even then I shall get it cleaned within this week and put it up for sale. Needs to go! Its a shame how much the value decreases. Pretty sad. :dontgetit:

I dont wish to pee on your parade but its worth more like £5,500 assuming its a 1.6 TR 5dr 08/08 if you sell private. You could start it at £7k but you will struggle.

I was quoted £5000 - £5500 for my 08 plate SR180 with 33k on the clock.

7k is asking a bit much IMO.

I was quoted £5000 - £5500 for my 08 plate SR180 with 33k on the clock.

7k is asking a bit much IMO.

I got quoted £5200 for mine by we buy any car and sellcar-uk. But I would rather sell it private even if I can get £6500 I'd be chuffed. £7000 would ofcourse just be the advertised price. 4 years old and 5k. Damn.

Virtually all cars depreciate as soon as they roll off the dealer's forecourt.

It's worst in the first few years though so it shouldn't drop as much from now on.

You obviously have a father who loves you - how is he going to feel if you sell the car that he gave you?

We've been looking at replacing the car recently but have decided to wait a while. Last week looking at trade in prices, I did an evalutation on webuyany.com as well and it came out at £6200.

I I attribute the slightly higher value to the above post because ours is a small engined diesel which is becoming the fashion recently.

(58 plate with 38k, 1 owner, FSH)

We've been looking at replacing the car recently but have decided to wait a while. Last week looking at trade in prices, I did an evalutation on webuyany.com as well and it came out at £6200.

I I attribute the slightly higher value to the above post because ours is a small engined diesel which is becoming the fashion recently.

It books between 6500-6800 so 6200 is a little poor. Webuyanycar.com, owned by carcraft the worst company i ever worked for!

It books between 6500-6800 so 6200 is a little poor. Webuyanycar.com, owned by carcraft the worst company i ever worked for!

I would never actually give the car to them, I just wanted something to wave in the dealers face if they dared to offer anything less than £6200 for it.

I did however once use them to sell an old Peugeot 206 many years ago!!

Off topic: cabcurtains - Are you a truck driver/enthusiast? I have a soft spot for trucks - keeping my eyes open for a Volvo FH16 750!

Off topic: cabcurtains - Are you a truck driver/enthusiast? I have a soft spot for trucks - keeping my eyes open for a Volvo FH16 750!

A bit of everything trucking related without divulging too much online! A LHD Scania T143 500 is the choice for me as per the Avatar :driving: :D

Cool - I have the UK Truck Simulator on my PC too, my truck of choice on that (which I own a fleet of in the game) is the MAN TGX 'A class' V8 :)

Cool - I have the UK Truck Simulator on my PC too, my truck of choice on that (which I own a fleet of in the game) is the MAN TGX 'A class' V8 :)

I might have been on that once or twice....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links