Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres For Avensis Tr 1.8 Cvt

jayfree

I have'n t had the car all that long but the time has come to change the front tyres.

Can anyone give some ideas for a good all round and all-season tyre that will give me smoothness of ride with good cornering and road holding.

Although retired and on fixed income so can't afford a really big price I would not paying a bit over the odds for something that is decent and above all , is safe . 'Cos "her indoors" also drives it.

Thanks

Thanks Mate but they dont do my size apparently......215/55R17/94W

I appreciate your response anyway.

How bout some Mich tyres? Costco would be the cheapest for those if they do the size...

THanks MM but having done a bit of lookin' I fancy Bridgestone ER30's or Michelin Pilot . D'ye know where they can be got cheapest ?

Look at my post above mate ^^^^^^^^ Costco would be your best bet! Or CamSkills, just type in a google search for tyre reviews and that will give you info on the shoes and links to sellers...

Yeah but I dont just want to buy 'em , I would like them fitted. Do they fit as well ?

Yeah but I dont just want to buy 'em , I would like them fitted. Do they fit as well ?

My car was supplied with Bridgestone Performance tyres from new. I understand that these are the recommended ones from Toyota. Presumably, Toyota think they provide the best overall performance in terms of stopping distance, cornering and stability, rolling resistance and mileage for this model. Why go against their 'recommendation'?

Yer they fit them in with the total price... Even put a special gas in the tyres instead of air for free...

Yer they fit them in with the total price... Even put a special gas in the tyres instead of air for free...

My car was supplied with Bridgestone Performance tyres from new. I understand that these are the recommended ones from Toyota. Presumably, Toyota think they provide the best overall performance in terms of stopping distance, cornering and stability, rolling resistance and mileage for this model. Why go against their 'recommendation'?

Its more likely to be that Toyota got a deal with the tyre manufacturer than a recommendation. They're alll in bed with one another at the end of the day. Best to see what tyres won the shoot out in the car mags and get the best ones for the cheapest money. Or take a look at the "Which mag" and see what they say...

Sorry but I quoted the tyres supplied on my previous car! Tyres on present car supplied by Toyota are GoodYear Excellence.

Thanks very much you guys. I appreciate all your help. I have now kinda said to myself that I would go for Bridgestone ER 30's as they seem to have a good write up from those who know a damn site more about it than I do.

Thanks again . Tis nice to know that there other Avensis owners are out there who are always able to give advice to dipsticks like me.

Cheers

I'd go for Continental Premium Contact 2, £150 each all in at Black Circles.

Michelins are hard so last but dont have the best grip, the Bridgestones are good value on the same site £130.

Nice tyre test link here http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2010-Autocar-Tyre-Test-FWD.htm Bridgestone and Conti equal 2nd.

Thanks CC that sure looks to be a good site especially as they seem to support my own initial preference of Bridgstone ER30's

I am told that other good choices for my car would be Goodyear Excellence / Michelin Primacy and Pirelli 6000's or 7's.

If you have an opinion on the best for... Grip / Roadholding / Cornering / and Allseason Wet Weather, then I would appreciate hearing it before I make my final decision.

Cheers and thanks again.

Apologies Apologies. I have just realised that it is King Toy I should be thanking for that info and not in this case CC.

Sorry KT. BUt all information from any of you is truly much appreciated.

Hi there, if you search mytyre site on the internet and follow the guide, they have over 50 differrent choices in your size, they can also arrange fitting.You can look at the reviews, as this may help you choose the correct balance of cost vrs road holding etc . Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links