Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Owners Manual For Verso S

Den Harding

After 10 years of Yaris Verso Postman Pat driving got a new Verso S Spirit today. Will miss the petrol heads pointing at me.

Nice new car easy to drive but rather overpriced. still the quality and versatility seems good.

Blackpool dealership give superb service except for the usual rip-off merchant salesmen. The latest tried to diddle me out of an agreed price on trade-in which is unusual sharp practice for such a well respected dealer.

When I drove home I found I had the owners manual for a Verso not Verso S. Not a happy anorak bunny.

Going back on Friday to swop Verso manual for Verso S manual or if they insist the Verso S car for a top of the range Verso. I don't mind either.

I'm also going to have a word with the sales manager about knocking £260 off the offer price as last year I wrote to both the dealership and Toyota GB saying what excellent service they gave and that I would recommend them without question.

Pity, I'm having second thoughts now.

Welcome to TOC and the Verso S forum

Hope that you enjoy your Verso S as much as I have since buying it in April 2011

I have enjoyed approx 8000 very happy miles including a Scottish tour last summer and the VersoS gets better as the miles pass!

Update on the wrong manual for a Verso S.

Went back on Friday and Blackpool Toyota Parts Manager sorted out the mistake in minutes as the saleman seemed conspicuous by his absence. Strange that. Still awaiting coutesy call from the super salesman due 48 hours after purchase of the car.

Bought a set of mats to protect the car and at £88 for mats and boot mat again a bit expensive.

As an aside for the first time in 45 years driving I bought gap insurance provided by Toyota. You pay a one-off premium which covers the total loss of the car for the first three years by replacement at full purchase price. With car costing £17.810 on the road and with a projected 44% depreciation over 3 years the £375 price tag is a good deal especially as it is paid in 12 monthly installments during the first year.

What with low cost Toyota insurance, no road tax and petrol consumption reduced by 25% over my old Yaris Verso I'm quids in.

I'd like to hear how Verso S owners are getting on with their cars and any driving tips they have picked up clocking up the miles.

The only real downside to the new car over my old Yaris is that no one points and sniggers at you any more. Still I suppose you can't have everything.

• 2 months later...

Welcome most to TOC, I'm looking forward to read more of your posts.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links