Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 Toyota Cruise Control Retro-Fit

abraxas

Actually thats a good point I havent tried that yet. Tell you what is awesome sitting in 5th towing the caravan (1645-1700kg) with it set on an indicated 64 (sat nav 60) and sailing along. Makes a massive difference to comfort when towing and got 31mpg from Newcastle to Harrogate.

Question for you, Tony, and also Simon .... Does your Retro-fit Cruise Control install automatically disengage when you depress the clutch? Curious to know if the clutch switch is fitted by default or if the CC knows by other ways when clutch is in?

It certainly does disengage when the clutch is depressed, don't know if that means a clutch switch is being activated or if there is another way it knows . . .but it switches of CC when you use the clutch.

Thanks for reply :) I was wondering because when I installed an aftermarket CC kit on my RAV4.2, I had to add a clutch switch for that disengage feature, but I suspected the OEM may have 'other ways' to detect.

You both have got a great VFM result with your mods :thumbsup:

Yup concur when you depress clutch it turns off. Wish it would kickin below 30mph could use the resume as launch control :)

• 2 weeks later...

Abraxas you are a star and a genius. We ordered the widget from Thailand, it got here in a week and my husband (because I am an idiot when it comes to anything with wires attached to it) carried out the operation in half an hour, scalpel in one hand and your excellent instructions in the other. It works perfectly. Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

Am I being thick?? I want to print these excellent instructions having ordered my CC kit from the well known auction site, but when I try to print the page it comes out black! Any body help?

• 6 months later...

Is it possible to fit this item to a 2003 Rav4 2.0 lt petrol? I live in Spain and the car is left hand drive.

post-126451-0-78076100-1354210154_thumb.

There was a transition around 2003/2004 to drive by wire throttle bodies. If you have an electronic throttle body its probably possible. (If you can see a physical cable going from your accelerator its not drive by wire)

I have fitted cruise control to a 2004 but its a bit more involved than the 4.3 and requires putting pins into existing connectors etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Abraxas you are a star and a genius. We ordered the widget from Thailand, it got here in a week and my husband (because I am an idiot when it comes to anything with wires attached to it) carried out the operation in half an hour, scalpel in one hand and your excellent instructions in the other. It works perfectly. Thanks so much!

Just wanted to add my compliments too!!

This was one option I missed so much & was aching to get...

On a holiday rented a car with cruise-control a couple of weeks ago that made me search again on the internet with a vengeance!!

Ordered the part from Thailand, flew it over in 2 days and then our - Italian - courier took a week to deliver...

Followed the instructions and installed it in my Toyota Rav 2.2 D-4D, model 2008 and it works perfectly!!!

Thanks!!!

jack

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon Is there anyone out there wan't to buy a Toyota gen made cruise control stalk (not a Thai copy) complete with wiring (small white plug) and the two retaining screws the stalk came off a 2008 XTR perfect condition I'm looking for £30 which will include first clas recorded post I can be contacted at

b.flannery@virgin.net

first to reply will be given the chance to purchase the item

• 1 month later...

I have followed this topic bought the stalk,removed the air bag, and found that where it shows the cruise

Control wire socket ,there is already what appears to be an earth wire in it,both of the connectors are identical.is there a method of connecting both sets of wires.

Re above, cut one of the connectors in half,and inserted the tube into other connector,was the horn earth.horns works, cruise doesn't.

Now having the connector wires checked.second hand stalk, possibly duff.keep trying.

Is yours an xt3. if so you will have to wire from the connection under the column to the ecu. (pin 23 on ecu).

Keith

Is yours an xt3. if so you will have to wire from the connection under the column to the ecu. (pin 23 on ecu).

Keith

Hi

Can you elaborate more on the additional connection?

Where is "connection under the column"?

And where is "pin 23 on ecu" ?

I have the same issue as <dgh3137>

Can I request for a photo if that is possible.

Much thanks.

Ok, I found the connection under column and found no cables connected... sobbing.....

Now I need to know how to connect to pin23 as the connector at the ECU is empty..... gosh.....

I really needed help......

The connector at the ecu is empty, you have to take the rubber plug out and insert a cable therin, look up in the auris or avensis forums on this site. Pin 23 for diesels and pin 40 for petrol.

Keith

:chef: Much Thanks Keith.

Now I need to find a wiring for that.... Too exp for me to freight over from TRD Sparks....

Nonetheless, thank you very much... :clap::chinese:

Hi bigend.thanks for the info.looked in log book..xt3.will have another go.

Dgh3137

Sorry Keith it's you I should thank for the info re xt3.

I should read before I write, old age. Thanks again.

Dgh3137

Where is pin 23? Where do you count from. Connection under steering column? Do you have to remove the steering wheel trim.

I booked a local auto electrician, told him what was required, never came, rang again, tomorrow, never came, chris fro rossendale.

Will have to keep trying myself

Look up 2006 - 2011 yaris cruise control retrofit, lots of photos, shows the multi plugs on the engine ecu. The plugs are the same layout as the rav.

Keith

Thanks Keith, but that does not help me, have seen the pictures, and arrive wher I am now. Well....on Friday afternoon electrician turned up, from Monday.soon found the connector, one green wire in, from horn earth.other two pins are numbered one and two.

These will be the red and blue wires from the stalk connector.which one goes to pin 23' and where does the other one go.

I managed to find a diagram for 06/07 rav ecu.from the top as you look at it there is a block of six connections..nearest the engine is 1 2 3. Next is20 21 22.the next block nearest the wing down has three rows,the nearest. To you starts with connector 23.

I have photographed it,and if anyone can use it I will send it to there e mail address.

Still living in hope

there are only two connecters on the engine ecu next to the Battery.

K

Re my previous entry, to get the diagram showing all connections on the rav4 ecu.

Go to on pc to.....xpresskit.....then downloads...then rav 2006/2007..this shows all the connection points.

Ignore anything else this is for another application.

Still haven'tflundout where the wires from the cruise switch go to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links