Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.3 Toyota Cruise Control Retro-Fit

abraxas

Wish2rav4. How have you got on with the cruise control.?

I have come to a full stop.what did you connect to the plug under the steering wheel

Hi guys, is it the same procedure for a 4.2? Mine's an 05 manual diesel.

• 3 months later...

hi,

I got a rav 4, 2,0 vvti petrol - 2007automatic.

does it work too with my rav?

i was told that i have to buy an other part, an extra conroling element for my kind of engine.

it's very expensive...about 500 $

or does it work without this part?

thx max

To anyone wanting fit cruise control on rav 4 xt3. Please look at entry from RNS from Finland.pictures from start to finish.

Thx max. Sorry I was on the wrong site, log in ,or join rav4 world. In the search panel put. RNS, brings up his posts and photos

Dgh 3137

• 1 month later...

Anyone with a current link for "56" Rav 4 cruise control? Doesn't seem to be available on some of the older links.

for my rav 4.3 with 2,0 vvti it worked without any troubles,thx a lot :-) to all ... i got a cruise controll, very simple to install ....

Apologies Anchorman, it seemed so clear at 11.30pm!

Anyone with a current link for "56" Rav 4 cruise control? Doesn't seem to be available on some of the older links.

Not sure what you mean;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/134401-43-toyota-cruise-control-retro-fit/

Apologies Anchorman, it seemed so clear at 11.30pm!!

What I meant to say was that I was having difficulty finding a supplier for the CC switch etc as the web links listed earlier in this topic have run out. Having looked at the auction site I am unsure of which unit is compatable and a reasonable price. So looking for guidance from others experience.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone advise on what size screws are required for installation please?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Many thanks for the original post and clarifications. Still as useful as the day it was wrote!

Very straight forward with the only challenging bit being fine tuning position of the hole.

RAV 4.3 XTR

• 1 month later...

Ohh bugger!

It was going so well, got the stalk, followed the excellent post and............

Press on/off button and green cruise comes up on dash but no function from the stalk for set/ resume etc. etc.

Rav4 3 XT4 on 56 plate manual 2.0L petrol

Any tips or hints guys and girls???

Much appreciated

John

EDIT: Just checked again there are only 2 wires connected to the switch a red and black, is this correct or is something amiss, seems a lot of functions for 2 wires. Hmmmm........... :disgust:

Edit of the edit: Ahh due to the brilliant nature of this forum I see it is a multiple resistor type switch, hence only 2 wires needed and after nearly breaking my neck under the steering wheel/foot well I also can now deduce that I also need a clutch switch as there isn't one there! Hope the !Removed! wires are there when I look again after removing the knee bag tmrww

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

As the new kid on the block, I have just bought an automatic 2007 Toyota RAV 4 VVT-I XTR 5-Dr.  The dealer, a main agent, stated that it had Cruise Control fitted but it wasn't until I got it home that I realised that the stalk was missing.  The main agent said that they would pay for the Cruise Control to be retro-fitted but said that it wouldn't work on my model.  Something to do with enabling the ECU etc.  I'm a complete novice so I phoned a couple of main dealers who basically said the same thing.

One dealer has offered to retro fit it for me for half and hours labour which seems reasonable but in your opinion, is it likely to work if I buy the stalk switch?

Help!

Greg

According to Parkers the XTR has cruise as standard.

I thought so too but in 2007, it stopped being fitted as standard. 🙄

Well, according to this thread it is plug-and-play.  And the OP's car was a 2007.

Thanks IanML, I guess I should have asked whether the set-up for a petrol RAV would make any difference.   I just noticed that it didn't work for one of the guys on here as pin 12 was missing.  The dealer is happy to give it a go but is very pessimistic.  He's one of the top guys on Toyota's electrics.

Latest on my cruise control fiasco.

The Toyota dealer cannot order me a cruise control switch because my car wasn't fitted with it as standard.  I also asked if they could retro-fit bluetooth to my radio and the same applies.

Apparently they need a chassis number from a 2007 RAV like mine.  Can anyone confirm that the correct part number for a cruise control switch is 84632-08021.

Are there any other parts I need to order?

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and I found this old thread about the retrofitting of a CC for Rav 4.3.

I have a 2006 Rav 4.3 2.2 Diesel Manual xt3 and I cannot find anyone in the London area who would be willing to install the CC on my car.

Would it be "plug and play" like for other people (with xt4 / xt5) or is the xt3 model different from all others and needs more parts?

Hope someone will read this 

:)

Many thanks!

S

• 7 months later...

This should really be a sticky in the technical guide for this car. I can't believe how easy and cheap it is to do this so many thanks to the OP for posting instructions. This has to be the simplest and easiest car mod I've ever done and it took 30 mins if that to add a handy function to the car for 12 quid.

I have a manual 4.3 diesel XT4 from 2007 and it works a treat. The only thing that I'd possibly alter is the placement of the hole in the steering wheel but to be honest, you can't see it anyway 90 per cent of the time. ( I would imagine this mod would be guaranteed to work just fine on this 07 steering wheel, if you have one like the OP , then you're probably golden, later or earlier models might not fit) .

It can take a bit of guesswork to make sure you buy the stalk with the necessary cable as not all the listings on fleabay have this or indeed the screws that came with mine. I'm pretty sure it is a generic Toyota switch fitted to millions of cars. This is the one I got...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-TOYOTA-PRIUS-YARIS-Cruise-Control-Stalk-Switch-RAV4-LandCruiser-8463234011/152995646637

cheers

James

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2018 at 10:17 PM, James.. said:

This should really be a sticky in the technical guide for this car. I can't believe how easy and cheap it is to do this so many thanks to the OP for posting instructions. This has to be the simplest and easiest car mod I've ever done and it took 30 mins if that to add a handy function to the car for 12 quid.

I have a manual 4.3 diesel XT4 from 2007 and it works a treat. The only thing that I'd possibly alter is the placement of the hole in the steering wheel but to be honest, you can't see it anyway 90 per cent of the time. ( I would imagine this mod would be guaranteed to work just fine on this 07 steering wheel, if you have one like the OP , then you're probably golden, later or earlier models might not fit) .

It can take a bit of guesswork to make sure you buy the stalk with the necessary cable as not all the listings on fleabay have this or indeed the screws that came with mine. I'm pretty sure it is a generic Toyota switch fitted to millions of cars. This is the one I got...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-TOYOTA-PRIUS-YARIS-Cruise-Control-Stalk-Switch-RAV4-LandCruiser-8463234011/152995646637

cheers

James

All these eBay control stalks say 2008 onwards but for £12 what the hell, I'll give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the item number of the unit I fitted to my XT4 2007. 8463234011.

Plugged straight in. No enabling, nothing. Works perfect, its gone up a fiver since I bought it though.